"The Isle Of Pines" Top 5 Page for this destination Île des Pins by Maximilian21

Île des Pins Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 85 photos

Ile des Pins

Ile des Pins or the isle of Pines is situated off the coast of New Calledonia and is most commonly reached by boat, Usually cruise ship.

I remeber before visiting the island people telling me how beautiful it was, going as far to saying that its the most beautiful Ilsand in the world.

Perhaps not the world but its an incrediably beautiful Island none the less.

Its one of those places however, that you visit but the scenes your eyes encounter are to much for for your eyes to fully comprehend that its only after having looked at your photos that you say to yourself, that was absolutely beautiful.

Its one of those islands that u can simply launge about all day on the sand, or deside to go snorkelling or engage in other water sports.
There are also some wonderful hiking opportunities which give panoramic views of the island and the surrounding lagoon.

Although i only spent a few days there, it has forever been indented in my mind. Although having been to some amazing islands in my exisitence this is truly one i would visit over and over again.

• Pros:beautiful
  • Cons:expensive
  • In a nutshell:just look at the photos and decide for yourself
  • Intro Updated Jun 30, 2005

• Oct 28, 2007 at 10:47 PM

i enjoyed all the clear blue water in your photos, makes me itching to go on my maldives trip! nice page shaun!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2005 at 6:56 PM

Hopefully I'll get to New Caledonia this year? Any idea about a bugdet place to stay on this paradise island?

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2005 at 2:09 AM

This place can compete with French Polynesia. I should put it on my wish list for paradises-to-visit.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2005 at 9:37 PM

I echo your sentiments exactly. This island is one of those places you truly can't believe you are in while you're there.......then when you look back at your photos it still didn't seem real! One love!!

• Nebbs's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2005 at 12:28 AM

This was cute, You must have had a real life to visit these places. Had you any company with you?

Maximilian21

“""Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me... I won't get fooled again."George W Bush.”

Badges & Stats in Île des Pins

Have you been to Île des Pins?

Latest Activity in Île des Pins