"Rennes" Top 5 Page for this destination Rennes by Maximilian21

Rennes Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 438 photos

Les Rouges et Noirs

Rennes is the capital of the French région of Brittany. It is the préfecture of the département of Ille-et-Vilaine. With a population of some 220 000 it is the tenth most populous city in France.

Appart from Sydney, I have spent
no longer time in any other place than in Rennes. It has become my home away from Home.

I first visited Rennes at the about of 9, i went with my family to stay with my uncle for a month.

After this initial visit i would come back every year or so and even did some of My High schooling and University studies in the city.

I have come to have made some truly wonderful friends in Rennes, many of whom have subsequently left the city and today live all around the world. I have found the city to be both peaceful and vibrabt for a small city. The city has a great appreciation for the arts and invests thousands of dollars (euros) each year on musical and cinematic endevours.
If you should come to France ,come and visit Rennes. It is a beautiful city with a wonderful history. It is a city which is both distinctly French and "Breton".

• Pros:Lovely city, great music, culture, safety
  • Cons:Not much really
  • In a nutshell:Fav city in France
  • Intro Updated Apr 15, 2005

• Jun 7, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I am flying from UK to Rennes, to travel onwards to la Roche-Bernard, to meet a friend at his boat. Is there a bus service from Rennes to Redon or even on to La Roche-Bernard? Regards Howard Rees

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2010 at 9:38 PM

What a beautiful Opera House, and some lovely parks here as well, looks a nice place to visit!

• craic's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 3:09 AM

i just love that forest - btw we are neighbours on the ranking chart this week

• Jul 1, 2007 at 3:02 PM

great info, Maximillian. We are two adults who will spend 3 days in Rennes or St Malo in September. Interessted in evening activities like theatre, concert, etc. Would Rennes be a beter place for 3 nites than St Malo? Both sound fasciinating to visit.

• Dec 12, 2005 at 5:43 PM

very entertaining - and it summed up all that is worth visiting during a short stay in the area.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2005 at 7:30 PM

Very nice page! Rennes is one of my favourite towns in France.

Maximilian21 Used To Live Here!

Maximilian21

“""Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me... I won't get fooled again."George W Bush.”

Badges & Stats in Rennes