"peaceful Vang Vieng" Top 5 Page for this destination Vang Vieng by Maximilian21
Vang Vieng Travel Guide: 166 reviews and 338 photos
Vang Vieng is one of those remote coners of the world that u just dream about. The place where your exisitence basically revolves around waking up in the morning staying in a hut next to the river.
A place where you simply forget about all the stressful respnosibilities you may have back in "civilisation".
Unfotuntely i only stayed a few days in this place but it still remains deeply imprinted in my memory.
I arrived there by mini bus from Luang Prapang. The trip takes about 5 hours through moutainous rural terrain which is extremely winding which proves somewhat taxing on the stomach. The road has also been notorious for bandit activity but this has somewhat dimished in recent years. The government has beefed up the armys presense in the region and attacks and robberys have dimished significantly.
Getting to the town is like a breath of fresh air. Being cooped up in a tiny mini van for several hours is no fun and to get out motivated a few to kiss the ground.
You will see when you get to this place that there isnt much at all in way of infrastructure. It has dirt roads and no street lights. What is does have is an amazing setting, with limestone hills similar to that found in guilin china ,it creates a picturesque backdrop.
You will quickly see that most of the people staying there are in fact backpackers themselves, some of whom have fallen in love with the place and have stayed on for a while.
- Pros:nice stop off, relaxing
- Cons:bad roads to get there
- In a nutshell:lovely stop off, might end up staying longer than planned
I expected something different from the town being a popular stop off spot. However, there really isnt much here, other... more travel advice
One of the most beautiful sites in Loas is witnessing a sunset in Vang Vieng. The way the sun set just over the... more travel advice
Maximilian21's Related Pages
Vang Vieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "... by the Song river, in the shade of mountains"
- "Heavenly Vang Viang"
- "peaceful Vang Vieng"
- "The Rustic Countryside of Vang Vieng"
- "Vang Vieng- Peaceful Town"
- "Hippy Haven"
- "Chill out....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vang Vieng
- Hotels in Vang Vieng
- Transportation in Vang Vieng
- Nightlife in Vang Vieng
- Restaurants in Vang Vieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Vang Vieng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vang Vieng
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Vang Vieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vang Vieng
Photos in Vang ViengSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France 65 reviews, 62 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 45 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 47 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 33 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klagenfurt Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos