"RUNNING ON EMPTY" Maximilian21's Profile
Perhaps some people have "bucket list" of some sort or things they would like to accomplish or see before they die. I guess with the advent of modern tourism it becomes increasingly difficult to have a genuine "Travel experience" or things which are so enviously unusual that few had experienced the same. After having having been to so many places and having experienced things others could have only dreamed of i have realised that it is all about expectations. I am currently working for UNESCO in Kathmandu and had the opportunity to visit the Everest Himalaya by small plane. I remember looking out the window, seeing the sheer beauty of the mountains and everest itself as tears started rolling down my face...perhaps for me it was a bucket list experience. Then, as i looked to my side, i saw my colleagues sleeping or reading a book, completely oblivious to what i was seeing outside.... once again expectations
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 450 Reviews
- 479 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beijing Opening Ceremony Party"
- Maximilian21 and munki are now friends.
- Commented on Helenbb's profile page
updated their Profile Page "RUNNING ON EMPTY"
- Posted in Travel Beijing Shi Forum "Re: Drinks"
- updated a Klagenfurt Travel Page "Lake Worthersee, Paradise on Earth"
- Wrote a Review La joie de vivre in Nouméa Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France 65 reviews, 62 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 45 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 47 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 33 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klagenfurt Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos