"Tamanrasset, desert men's crossroad" Tamanrasset by fedric
Tamanrasset Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 63 photos
Tamanrasset is the southernmost large city in Algeria. Very few tourists stay in Tamanrasset as most of them hurry up to go to a neighbour well known location : Tassili of Hoggar, Tefedest, Atakor... It may be a good option to take the time and plan to stay a bit in the city. It has a central position, welcomes all kind of Algerian, Malian, Nigerian, Sudanese and inhabitants are really openminded and friendly.
- Pros:Cultural diversity, close to the most beautiful saharian zones
- Cons:Have to take some cash to visit remotes area (4x4 or camel location required!)
- In a nutshell:Deserts Crossroad...
If Tamanrasset is a great place for tourism, there is a little misunderstanding of this fact by the banks! Tamanrasset... more travel advice
Search in the old souq (market) area for tuareg jewelry and leather arts : they have a very old nomadic tradition and... more travel advice
fedric's Related Pages
Tamanrasset Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tamanrasset and The Southern Algerian Desert"
- "Tamanrasset, desert men's crossroad"
- "One of the two cities I visited"
- "VOYAGE A TAGRERA (TASSILI DU HOGGAR)1983."
- "some pic from Tamanrasset"
- "go to tassili hoggar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tamanrasset
- Hotels in Tamanrasset
- Transportation in Tamanrasset
- Shopping in Tamanrasset
- Warnings and Dangers in Tamanrasset
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tamanrasset
- 8 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tamanrasset?Share Your Travels