"Pont du Gard" Nîmes by davidtahd
Nîmes Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 528 photos
The Pont du Gard is a Roman AquaDuct that is located 25 kilometers from Nîmes, France and close to Avignon, France as well.
The Pont du Gard was Inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1985 and is visited by more than 1,250,000 tourists every year.
The bridge is part of the Roman AquaDuct built around the year 50 AD to transport water from the Eure spring near Uzès to Nîmes, a distance of over 30 miles or 50 kilometers.
davidtahd's Related Pages
Nîmes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A very french break"
- "NIMES AND PONT DU GARD"
- "For the Roman remains, of course......."
- "Nimes, and Pont du Gard"
- "Roman Nimes"
- "Nimes in 24 hours! by Ryanair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nîmes
- Hotels in Nîmes
- Transportation in Nîmes
- Nightlife in Nîmes
- Restaurants in Nîmes
- Shopping in Nîmes
- Warnings and Dangers in Nîmes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nîmes
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nîmes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nîmes
Photos in NîmesSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Toledo Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Chicago Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vevey Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Interlaken Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Honolulu Intro, 1 review, 1 photo