"Pont du Gard" Nīmes by davidtahd
Nīmes Travel Guide: 237 reviews and 532 photos
The Pont du Gard is a Roman AquaDuct that is located 25 kilometers from Nīmes, France and close to Avignon, France as well.
The Pont du Gard was Inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1985 and is visited by more than 1,250,000 tourists every year.
The bridge is part of the Roman AquaDuct built around the year 50 AD to transport water from the Eure spring near Uzčs to Nīmes, a distance of over 30 miles or 50 kilometers.
davidtahd's Related Pages
Nīmes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A very french break"
- "For the Roman remains, of course......."
- "NIMES AND PONT DU GARD"
- "Nimes, and Pont du Gard"
- "Roman Nimes"
- "A Roman City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nīmes
- Hotels in Nīmes
- Transportation in Nīmes
- Nightlife in Nīmes
- Restaurants in Nīmes
- Shopping in Nīmes
- Warnings and Dangers in Nīmes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nīmes
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nīmes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nīmes
Photos in NīmesSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Toledo Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Chicago Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vevey Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Interlaken Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Atlanta Intro, 2 photos