"At the end of the world" New Zealand by mad4travel
New Zealand Travel Guide: 14,440 reviews and 36,340 photos
My sister and brother in law were lucky enough to ditch their jobs, sell their house and move to New Zealand to travel round for 6 months. I was unlucky enough to have a job I did'nt want to ditch I mortgage I had to pay and only 3 weeks off to go see it.
I saw a lot but I did'nt see it all and I WILL be back one day.....
***Well thats what I wrote when I first joined VT and now I have been back again. New Zealand is a surprisingly large place with Sooo much to see. On my second visit I spent a month here, concentrating mainly on the Northland above Auckland and the North part of the South Island around Nelson and Abel Tasman and loved the place even more***
Where do I start , it was all great.
Lake Taupo, Rotorua, White Island
Bay of Islands, Russell, 90 mile beach
Abel Tasman National Park
Auckland - the funky twentysomething
Wellington -the sophisticated thirtysomething
Christchurch- the maiden aunt
Whalewatching at Kaikora
Dolphin watching at Pahia
Its a long way to get there
The weather can be a bit poor at times
The sandlflies at Milford Sound are annoying
- Pros:Clean air, good living, great scenery, compact country
- Cons:its a long long way from home!
- In a nutshell:More than just tree ferns and sheep!
Looking at various websites most accomodation in Greymouth did not look up to much. I found this which was perfectly... more travel advice
This is a lovely clean modern apartment sytle motel close to Nelson. Its only a couple of minutes walk to the beach and... more travel advice
mad4travel's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kia Ora - Aotearoa"
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 32 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 42 reviews, 64 photos
- Turkey Intro, 38 reviews, 42 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 32 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Egypt Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos
- Namibia Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos
- Tibet Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos
- Jordan Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
No friends yet.
Top New Zealand hotels
- Auckland Hotels
- 1035 Reviews - 2271 Photos
- Wellington Hotels
- 591 Reviews - 1252 Photos
- Queenstown Hotels
- 630 Reviews - 1670 Photos
- Rotorua Hotels
- 474 Reviews - 1182 Photos
- Christchurch Hotels
- 1239 Reviews - 2600 Photos
- Mangere Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- New Plymouth Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Palmerston North Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Napier Hotels
- 198 Reviews - 519 Photos
- Tauranga Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Whangarei Hotels
- 65 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Gisborne Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 105 Photos
- Timaru Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 140 Photos
- Taupo (town) Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Hamilton Hotels
- 55 Reviews - 226 Photos