"ARIZONA" Arizona by mad4travel
Arizona Travel Guide: 10,328 reviews and 27,779 photos
After Utah, Arizona is my favourite state.
It has a great diversity of landscape, from the Red Rock Canyons in the north to the saguaro cacti in the south.
My favourite places are : Page and Lake Powell, Monument Valley, The painted desert, Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon.
Infact, the state is so big you could do a 2 to 3 week vacation just in one state and still not see it all.
Besides the obvious landscape attractions there are other interesting things to do:
Check out the Native American heritage with numerous historic ruins such as Montezumas Castle and Tuzigoot,
Visit Sedona with its strange vortices and new age culture
Check out a ghost town in Jerome
Shop till you drop in Scottsdale and Phoenix
See a huge Meteor crater at (wait for it) Meteor crater
Visit one of the worlds largest open cast mines at Bisbee
Have a gunfight at the OK corral -one of Arizonas more tacky tourist attractions
and be mindful of the weather - its blindingly hot in summer and has lots of thunderstorms. However the north of the state has quite a high altitude so it can be cold in winter and often snows!
Arizona is the ultimate road trip. There are plenty of places to stay, plenty of places to eat.
There are interesting places off the beaten track and fine scenery on the way.
The landscape is a photographers dream.
But my how times change - 125 years ago , if you ventured here as a white man you were most likely to have been scalped, now, you can have a McDonalds in the Navajo indian reservation served by Native Americans - progress- somehow I don't thnk so!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER US PAGES:
- Pros:Amazing scenery. A very photogenic state
- Cons:Can be very hot. Its a pity the poverty that the Native Americans live in.
- In a nutshell:The ultimate red rock road trip
Titan missile base Its not every day on a vacation you can visit a nuclear missile base! Although nuclear missiles are... more travel advice
The Crater is a gigantic hole in the middle of the arid sandstone of the Arizona desert. A rim of smashed and jumbled... more travel advice
mad4travel's Related Pages
Arizona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Arizona"
- "WALK IN BEAUTY"
- "Jumping Around Our Very Own State - ARIZONA!"
- "Arizona, breathtaking scenery"
- "Jumping Thelma and Louise in Arizona!!!"
- "Raising Arizona to New Heights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arizona
- Hotels in Arizona
- Transportation in Arizona
- Nightlife in Arizona
- Restaurants in Arizona
- Shopping in Arizona
- Warnings and Dangers in Arizona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arizona
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Arizona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arizona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 42 reviews, 64 photos
- Turkey Intro, 38 reviews, 42 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 32 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Egypt Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos
- Namibia Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos
- Tibet Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos
- Jordan Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
No friends yet.
Top Arizona hotels
- Sedona Hotels
- 869 Reviews - 2010 Photos
- Scottsdale Hotels
- 253 Reviews - 595 Photos
- Phoenix Hotels
- 717 Reviews - 1456 Photos
- Kayenta Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Grand Canyon Hotels
- 926 Reviews - 3050 Photos
- Tucson Hotels
- 950 Reviews - 2202 Photos
- Lake Havasu City Hotels
- 95 Reviews - 208 Photos
- Page Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 673 Photos
- Payson Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 144 Photos
- Flagstaff Hotels
- 390 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Oro Valley Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Williams Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 134 Photos
- Winslow Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 122 Photos
- Yuma Hotels
- 194 Reviews - 428 Photos
- Tempe Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 216 Photos