"The most isolated city in the world" Perth by mad4travel
Perth Travel Guide: 2,339 reviews and 5,032 photos
Apparantly, Perth is one of if not THE most isolated city in the world. I thought that accolade would go to somewhere like Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia but there you go, what the hell do I know!
Anyway, it's nearer to Singapore than Sydney which should give you a bit of an idea about distances.
as a result, it is very clean, the quality of light is fantastic, crystal clear and the colours stunning. If I had to live in Australia, this is where I would live.
There's lots to do in Perth
Wander around Kings Park (where the main photo was taken)
Take the boat to Fremantle
Eat in funky Northridge
Go to the beaches at Cottesloe or Scarboro
Visit the Swan Bell tower or the Mint
See the travel tips for more details.....
There are some great day trips from Perth too:
Namburg national park and the Pinnacles desert
Margaret River and the wineries
See my travel tips for more details......
- Pros:Clean air, fantastic quality of light, divine beaches
- Cons:Everywhere is a bit far from everywhere else
- In a nutshell:Can I go live there please????
This is more of a " How to get to or leave Perth in style" than a things to do tip. The Indian Pacific railway is one... more travel advice
In seagoing days Fremantle was the western gateway to Australia. Millions of migrants arrived by ship and many made the... more travel advice
mad4travel's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth's Newest Hotel , Holiday Inn Burswood"
- "The city on the Swan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Photos in PerthSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 42 reviews, 64 photos
- Turkey Intro, 38 reviews, 42 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 32 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 31 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Egypt Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos
- Namibia Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos
- Tibet Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos
- Jordan Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
No friends yet.