"Villanueva de los Infantes" Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla-La Mancha by Redang
Castilla-La Mancha Travel Guide: 1,289 reviews and 3,588 photos
"En un lugar de la Mancha, de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme..." ("In a place in la Mancha, which name I don't want to remember..."). This is the beginning of the novel Don Quijote de la Mancha (the whole title is El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha), written by Miguel de Cervantes, and it is said, according to some studies, that the place the author doesn't want to remember is Villanueva de los Infantes.
Villanueva de los Infantes is 220 kms. south of Madrid, and I'd recommend to visit this beautiful town, if you have time, on the way to Andalucía (Córdoba, Sevilla, Granada, Cádiz...).
It belongs to Castilla-La Mancha region and very interesting places you can visit nearby are, if you want to follow the footsteps of Don Quijote, Almagro, El Toboso or Campo de Criptana.
There are two towns in Spain called Villanueva de los Infantes. One of them is in Castilla y León, close to Valladolid. The other one is in Castilla-La Mancha, province of Ciudad Real, the one I have added the info, tips and pics.
If you look for Villanueva de los Infantes in the destination box, it will appear the one in Castilla y León whilst the one in Castilla-La Mancha doesn’t exist, that’s the reason why I am using the Castilla-La Mancha page. Maybe, if the system allows me, I’ll move this info to the correct page in the future, so, stay tuned.
There are two towns in Spain called Villanueva de los Infantes. One of them is in Castilla y León, close to Valladolid.... more travel advice
Pics: - Main: Calle Jacinto Benavente - Second: Calle Jacinto Benavente - Third: Calle Cervantes - Fourth: Calle Rey... more travel advice
Redang's Related Pages
Castilla-La Mancha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Don Quijote Country and Much more!"
- "Villanueva de los Infantes"
- "cycling la mancha"
- "Castilla-La Mancha"
- "The land of don Quixote in the XXI century"
- "LA MANCHA"
- "Castilla-la- Mancha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Castilla-La Mancha
- Hotels in Castilla-La Mancha
- Transportation in Castilla-La Mancha
- Nightlife in Castilla-La Mancha
- Restaurants in Castilla-La Mancha
- Shopping in Castilla-La Mancha
- Warnings and Dangers in Castilla-La Mancha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Castilla-La Mancha
- 78 Reviews
- 178 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Castilla-La Mancha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castilla-La Mancha
Photos in Castilla-La ManchaSee All Photos (178)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 55 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos