Ljubljana Off The Beaten Path Tips by Redang
Ljubljana Off The Beaten Path: 148 reviews and 207 photos
Bohinj Lake (Slovenia)
From Bled, take road 209 entering Triglavski Narodni Park/Triglav National Park and drive all the way to Stara-Fuzina, then you will reach a very beautiful lake called Bohinjsko Jazero/Bohinj Lake.
On the way to Škofja Loka (Slovenia)
Take the car and drive back, but instaed of going to Stara-Fuzina, take the road on your right (main pic) to Kaminje, Bohinjska Bistrica, Zelezniki to the beautiful town of Škofja Loka (second pic).
Savica Waterfall (Slovenia)
Once you reach the lake, drive leaving it on your right for about 4 kms. and you will reach a parking area (you have to pay to leave the car; 3,00 € in August '09).
Once there, be ready to walk up along a path but with steps and quite steepy. After around 20 minutes, you will see Slap Savica/Savica Waterfall (by the way, you have to pay for walking along that path; 2,40 € in August '09).
To Bled (Slovenia)
I'd like to recommend you a day trip from Ljubljana.
Let's begin the day going to Bled taking the road A 2. The town is about 55 kms. northwest of Ljubljana.
- Main: On the way to Bled.
- Second: Lake of Bled.
Tivoli Park (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
On he west of Ljubljana.
Parliament Ljubljana, Slovenia))
The Slovenian Parliament (Parlament Slovenije) is in a modernist palace in the Square of the Republic in the center of Ljubljana and built between 1.954 and 1.959.
University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
The Univerza v Ljubljani/University of Ljubljana building is located on the site of the former Provincial Mansion (Deželni dvorec), where provincial governor deputies held office and resided until 1.791. Since 1.919 it has been the seat of the University of Ljubljana.
Where: Kongresni trg 12; 1000 Ljubljana
Other Contact: E. mail: info@uni-lj.
Phone: (+386) (0)1 241 86 50
Vodnikov Square (Ljubljana, Sloveia)
The Vodnikov Trg/Square was built after the earthquake of 1.895, when an old monastery housing a diocesan college and a library had to be pulled down. The square was named after the Slovenian poet Valentin Vodnik (second pic).
Where: Market area, behind the Cathedral.
Ribji Square (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
Ribji trg (Fish Square) is the smallest square in the city, it developed from the former Ribja ulica street after the earthquake of 1.895. From the 16th century onwards, Ribja ulica (Fish Street) was the location of a fishing pier and a fish market, and the oldest building, constructed in 1.528, is here.
Where: From the Prešeren trg, cross the river along the Triple Bridge and turn right. Walk along the river (on your right), and the square will show up on your left.
Church of St. James (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
This church was built by Jesuits between 1.613 and 1.615 on a site where a Gothic church was
Gornji trg 18; 1000 Ljubljana
Phone: (+386) (0)1 252 17 27
More Reviews (26)
- The Ljubljana Bug
- Great Local Food
- See All Puppets
- See All Narodna Galerija/Nationa Gallery of...
Redang's Related Pages
Ljubljana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ljubljana - Relaxing capital city"
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- "Easygoing Capital"
- "Ljubljana and its surroundings"
- "Ljubljana, another well kept secret"
- "Slovenia 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ljubljana
- Hotels in Ljubljana
- Transportation in Ljubljana
- Nightlife in Ljubljana
- Restaurants in Ljubljana
- Shopping in Ljubljana
- Warnings and Dangers in Ljubljana
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pangandaran Hotels
- Dietlikon Hotels
- Cleveleys Hotels
- Kilingi-Nomme Hotels
- Kefar Nahum
- Negeri Terengganu
Badges & Stats in Ljubljana
- 37 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Ljubljana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ljubljana
Photos in LjubljanaSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 55 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos
Latest Ljubljana hotel reviews
- Hostel Tabor Ljubljana
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Bit Center Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Hotel Park
- 246 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Apartments Urh
- 1 Review & Opinion
- M Hotel
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Hostel Simbol Castle
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Fluxus Hostel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- CityHotel Ljubljana
- 280 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Grand Hotel Union Business
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Best Western Premier Hotel Slon
- 461 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Gostilna Pri Katrci
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 14, 2012
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Antiq Hotel
- 214 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel Trojane
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 18, 2010
- Ljubljana Castle- 113 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Prešeren Square- 85 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Old Town- 35 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Dragon Bridge- 49 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Ljubljanica River- 35 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Central market- 40 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Ljubljana Church- 18 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Tivoli Park and Mansion- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Town Hall & town square- 23 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Triple Bridges- 33 Reviews, 52 Photos
See All Ljubljana Things to Do