"Guimarães: The Cradle of Portugal" Top 5 Page for this destination Guimarães by Redang
Guimarães Travel Guide: 161 reviews and 512 photos
Guimarães is a very nice city and the cradle of Portugal, and it is just 1 hour and 15 minutes away from Porto by train, so that, a day trip from this city is highly recommended.
This inscription can be seen just when you reach the city centre coming from the railway station (Alameda de S. Dámaso).
Paço dos Duques de Bragança/The Palace of the Dukes of Bragança was built in the 15th century. more travel advice
Redang's Related Pages
Guimarães Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guimaraes - The cradle of Portugal"
- "The Enchanting Medieval City of Guimaraes"
- "Guimarães: The Cradle of Portugal"
- "Toy medieval city with very friendly people!"
- "Birthplace of Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guimarães
- Hotels in Guimarães
- Transportation in Guimarães
- Restaurants in Guimarães
- Shopping in Guimarães
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guimarães
- 24 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Guimarães?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guimarães
Photos in GuimarãesSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 55 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos