Lisbon Things to Do Tips by Redang
Lisbon Things to Do: 2,124 reviews and 4,149 photos
Museu Nacional dos Coches (Lisboa, Portugal)
This museum shows the carriages used by some Kings and ambassadors between the 17th and the 19th centuries.
Address: Praça Afonso de Albuquerque; 1300-044 Lispoa
Directions: Belém area.
How to get there:
- Bus: 28, 714, 727, 729 and 751.
- Tram: 15.
- Train: Belém (linha/line Cascais).
- Fax: (+351) 21 361 08 50
Other Contact: E. mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (+351) 21 361 08 50
National Pantheon (Lisbon, Portugal)
The official name is Igreja de Santa Engrácia e Panteão Nacional, and many important people along the History of Portugal are buried here such as Vasco da Gama and the famous fado singer Amalia Rodrigues.
Address: Campo de Santa Clara; 1100-471 Lisboa
Directions: In Alfama district:
- Metro: Santa Apolónia: Blue line.
- Tram: 28
- Fax: (+351) 21 885 48 39
Other Contact: E mail: email@example.com
Phone: (+351) 21 885 48 20
Cathedral (Lisbon, Portugal)
Built in the XII th century.
* How to get there:
- Bus: 37
- Tranway/Eléctrico: 12 and 28
* For info about timetables, routes and fares:
Address: Largo da Sé
Other Contact: Fax: (+351) 21 886 67 52
Phone: (+351) 21 887 66 28
Vasco da Gama Bridge (Lisbon, Portugal)
Crossing the Tejo (Tagus in English) river, it is the longest bridge in Europe (including viaducts); and 9th longest in the world, with a total length of 17.2 km. including 0.829 km. for the main bridge, 11.5 km. in viaducts, and 4.8 km. in dedicated access roads.
The bridge was opened to traffic on 29 March 1.998, 18 months after construction first began, just in time for Expo 98, the World's Fair that celebrated the 500th anniversary of the discovery by Vasco da Gama of the sea route from Europe to India.
Note: Info taken from the net.
Directions: How to get there:
Metro: Oriente (red line)
Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcántara (Lisbon, Pt)
Beautiful views from here.
Address: Rua São Pedro de Alcántara
Directions: From Av. da Liberdade, you can either walk up Calçada da Glória or take the Funicular, once you reach the Rua São Pedro de Alcántara, on your right.
Museu do Chiado (Lisbon, Portugal)
This Museum shows the history of portuguese art from the second half of the 19th century until today.
Address: Rua Serpa Pinto, 4; 12500-444 Lisboa
Directions: How t get there:
- Bus: 58 and 100 (Largo de Camões or Largo do Chiado bus stops).
- Tram: 28 (Rua Nova da Trindade or Rua Vitor Cordon bus stops).
- Metro: Baixa-Chiado (linhas/lines: verde/green and azul/blue).
- Fax: (+351) 21 343 21 51
Other Contact: E. mail: mchiado@@ipmuseus.pt
Phone: (+351) 21 343 21 48
Praça D. Pedro IV/Rossio (Lisbon, Portugal)
Very lively and beautiful praça (square). The column is dedicated to D. pedro IV.
Directions: City centre.
Metro: Rossio (linha/line verde/green).
Praça dos Restauradores (Lisbon, Portugal)
Very close to Praça Rossio.
Metro: Restauradores (linha/line: azul/blue).
Praça do Comércio (Lisbon, Portugal)
The most famous in Lisbon. In the middle, the statue of José I.
Directions: Metro: Terreiro do Paço (linha azul/blue line).
Jerónimos Monastery (Lisbon, Portugal)
Built in the XVI th century, this great monastery is a bit far away from the city centre but easy to reach by bus, tramway or even by train.
- Bus: 27, 28, 29, 43, 49, 51, 112 and 727 (from M. de Pombal).
- Tamway/Eléctrico: 15.
- Train: Cascais line.
- Fax: (+351) 21 363 91 45
Address: Praça do Império; 1400-206 Lisboa
Other Contact: E mail: mosteirojeronimos@mostei
Phone: (+351) 21 362 00 34
More Reviews (33)
- See All Musicals, theatre...
- See All In the city centre
- See All Museu das Comunicações
- The Lisboa Bug
- See All Praça Marqués de Pombal Area
Redang's Related Pages
Lisbon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Lisbon"
- "My home town"
- "Lisbon, Portugal"
- "saudades de Lisboa"
- "Lisboa, probably the most beautiful city there is"
- "Lisboa the Capital of Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lisbon
- Hotels in Lisbon
- Transportation in Lisbon
- Nightlife in Lisbon
- Restaurants in Lisbon
- Shopping in Lisbon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lisbon
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lisbon
- 77 Reviews
- 240 Photos
- 70 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Lisbon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisbon
Photos in LisbonSee All Photos (240)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 55 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (89)
Latest Lisbon hotel reviews
- Hotel Dom Manuel I
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 19, 2013
- Hotel Astoria Lisbon
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Hotel Dom Carlos Liberty
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Suico Atlantico Hotel Lisbon
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2012
- Hotel Marques De Pombal
- 263 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Bairro Alto Hotel
- 246 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Real Parque Hotel Lisbon
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Grande Pensao Residencial Alcobia Lisbon
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 11, 2013
- Barcelona Hotel Lisbon
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Pensao Residencial Avenida Alameda
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2011
- NH Liberdade
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Marriott Lisbon
- 375 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- VIP Executive Suites Eden
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- HF Fenix Garden
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2013
- Hotel Principe Lisboa
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- Churches and monasteries- 219 Reviews, 424 Photos
- Plazas and squares- 218 Reviews, 373 Photos
- Belém- 285 Reviews, 559 Photos
- Day trips: Sintra, Cascais, Estoril...- 86 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Castles and palaces- 136 Reviews, 291 Photos
- Lisbon neighborhoods- 156 Reviews, 291 Photos
- Museums and cultural centers- 154 Reviews, 377 Photos
- Elevadores- 88 Reviews, 147 Photos
- Parks and the Zoo- 99 Reviews, 190 Photos
- Grand structures and architecture- 186 Reviews, 313 Photos
See All Lisbon Things to Do