"Almagro" Almagro by Redang
Almagro Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 44 photos
Almagro is a lovely town with a great heritage. The city was under the control of the Order of Calatrava and it's in La Mancha, where the famous novel El Quijote took place.
Some other towns Don Quijote "visited", are Villanueva de los Infantes, El Toboso and Campo de Criptana.
Not to be missed:
- Plaza Mayor (main pic)
- Corral de Comedias (second pic)
...and some other spots.
Almagro is about 200 kms. away from Madrid, and I'd recommend a visit. Maybe it's quite far for a daytrip (although it's doable) but it's a good idea to overnight there on the way to Andalucía (see the related transportation tip).
Cheese is a very typical product, not only in Almagro, but in the whole region of Castilla-La Mancha. Maybe you have... more travel advice
Founded in 1.602, it was in another place but it collapsed. Baroque style, works finished in 1.735. more travel advice
Redang's Related Pages
Almagro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Deep in La Mancha"
- "Almagro, city of popular theatre"
- "Beauty is not enough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almagro
- Hotels in Almagro
- Transportation in Almagro
- Nightlife in Almagro
- Restaurants in Almagro
- Shopping in Almagro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Almagro
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Almagro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almagro
Photos in AlmagroSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 52 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos