Ciudad-Rodrigo Things to Do Tips by Redang
Ciudad-Rodrigo Things to Do: 14 reviews and 35 photos
Iglesia de San Pedro y San Isidoro
The Iglesia de San Pedro y San Isidoro was built in the 12th century and restored in the 16th, 18th and 20th centuries.
Address: Plaza Cristóbal de Castillejo
Puente Romano (Ciudad Rodrigo, Spain)
The Puente Romano (Roman Bridge) is over the Ägueda river.
The best view is from the Parador/Castillo de Enrique II de Trastámara.
Directions: Over the Ägueda river.
Plaza Mayor (Ciudad Rodrigo, Spain)
Beautiful square with the City Hall (see previous tip) and with a Tourist Post inside.
The second pic was taken from the arcades of the City Hall.
Ayuntamiento (Ciudad Rodrigo, Spain)
The Ayuntamiento (City Hall) was built in the 16h century in Renaissance style. To point out that since it was built, it has alwaya been the City Hall.
Second pic: Plaza Mayor seen from the arcades of the City Hall.
Address: Plaza Mayor
Murallas (Ciudad Rodrigo, Spain)
The Murallas (Walls) were built in the 12th century. Nowadays, the oldest part can be found near the Castillo (Castle). The rest of the walls were restored in the 17th century.
Catedral de Santa María (Ciudad Rodrigo, Spain)
The Catedral de Santa María (Saint Mary's Cathedral), declared a National Monument in 1.889, was built during the reign of King Fernando II at the end of the 12th century.
Address: Plaza San Salvador, 1; 37500 Ciudad Rodrigo
Other Contact: E. mail: contacto@catedralciudad
Phone: (+034) 923 48 14 24
Castillo de Enrique II de Trastámara (C. Rodrigo),
Built in th 14th century, this castle now houses the Parador de Enrique II, a great hotel.
- Fax: (+34) 923 46 04 04
Address: Pza. Castillo, 1; 37500 Ciudad Rodrigo
Other Contact: E. mail: email@example.com
Phone: (+34) 923 46 01 50
Casa de los Vázquez (Ciudad Rodrigo, Spain)
The Casa de los Vázquez (Vázquez House) was built in the 16th century, however, the interior dates back to the first decades of the 20th century, when this house underwent an important renovation.
Right now, this building houses the Post Office.
Address: Calle San Juan, 12/Calle Puerta de Santiago
Phone: (+34) 923 49 84 00
Calle Puerta de Santiago (Ciudad Rodrigo, Spain)
- Main: Calle Puerta de Santiago
- Second: Calle de Zurradores
- Third: Plaza Cristóbal de Castillejo
- Fourth: Calle Toro
- Fifth: Another nice street in Ciudad Rodrigo
More Reviews (6)
Redang's Related Pages
Ciudad-Rodrigo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ciudad Rodrigo"
- "Frontier town with 12th century walls"
- "Ciudad Rodrigo"
- "Ciudad Rodrigo - The City that faced Napoleon"
- "Pleasant stop in my way to Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ciudad-Rodrigo
- Hotels in Ciudad-Rodrigo
- Transportation in Ciudad-Rodrigo
- Shopping in Ciudad-Rodrigo
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Candido
- Kwale Hotels
- Gabriola Island Hotels
- Puerto de Gandía Hotels
- Jenolan Caves Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ciudad-Rodrigo
- 15 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Ciudad-Rodrigo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ciudad-Rodrigo
Photos in Ciudad-RodrigoSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 55 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos