"Girona/Gerona" Girona by Redang
Girona Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 1,245 photos
This is a beautiful city many people don't pay too much attention and I consider it's an error. The airport is called Girona-Costa Brava which means that tourists, once they arrived at the airport, go to Costa Brava looking for beaches and sun. So, try to spend at least one full day.
It's some 103 kms. north of Barcelona, and now there are many low cost airlines that fly there.
The main pic shows the typical view of the houses along Onyar River.
Sant Feliu Bridge, Sant Feliu Church (on the left) and Cathedral (on the right).
This church has a mix between romanesque and gothic style, built between the 13th and the centuries. Pics: - First: St.... more travel advice
It's related to the War of Independence that took place in Spain in 1.808 against the french troops. This square has... more travel advice
Redang's Related Pages
Girona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval beauty"
- "Girona – medieval splendour of Catalonia"
- "Really worth it!"
- "The GIRONA experience!"
- "Girona versus Barcelona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Girona
- Hotels in Girona
- Transportation in Girona
- Nightlife in Girona
- Restaurants in Girona
- Shopping in Girona
- Warnings and Dangers in Girona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Girona
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Girona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Girona
Photos in GironaSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 55 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos