"¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!" Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid by Redang
Madrid Travel Guide: 5,475 reviews and 11,258 photos
Hello everybody and welcome to Madrid!
I hope you find here what can help you if you come to Madrid. Please, feel free to ask me whatever you need to know. I add more tips and pics quite often.
Enjoy your stay and see you in Madrid!
Last update: 23 April 2.009: New tips added.
Note for those who have visited this page before: I am adding tips quite often, but I don't leave them at the end of the list but in the position I consider useful for the visitors, so, if you want to have a look at the new tips, use the tool "most recent" in every section, and for all visitors, thanks for dedicating your time to my pages!
Main pic: El Oso y el Madroño (The Bear and the Stawberry Tree) is the symbol of Madrid. You can meet them all year round, at anytime of the day (or of the night), either it rains cats and dogs or it is sunny, they will be waiting for you.
Puerta del Sol.
Metro: Sol (Lines 1, 2 and 3).
Are you fond of football, basketball? Visit the Sports Travel Tips.
If you like Classical Music or Opera, you will find the places visiting Nightlife Tips.
Haven't you tried Spanish omelette or cocido madrileño yet? And what about Sangría? No? Why don't you have a beer? Have a look at the Restaurant tips and try them, you won't regret!
Once people have visited the most important places of Madrid, many of them go to some other cities nearby for a daytrip by car, bus or train.
These places, are:
- Aranjuez (Comunidad de Madrid), at 49 kms.
- Avila (Castilla y León), at 118 kms.
- Chinchón (Comunidad de Madrid), at 45 kms.
- Cuenca (Castilla-La Mancha), at 165 kms.
- San Lorenzo de El Escorial (Comunidad de Madrid), at 50 kms.
- Segovia (Castilla y León), at 96 kms.
- Toledo (Castilla-La Mancha), at 74 kms.
Other destinations that could be of interest:
- Villarejo de Salvanés (Comunidad de Madrid), at 51 kms.
- In a nutshell:Do come, you won't regret!
The main attraction of this tiny Ermita (hermitage) are the frescoes painted by Goya in 1798 and the hermitage itself... more travel advice
Villarejo de Salvanés is a nice town not far from Madrid. more travel advice
- See All Hilton Madrid Airport
- See All FITUR
- See All Madrileños = Gatos
- See All Exprés Aeropuerto (Airport Express)...
- Safety in Madrid
Redang's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 195 Reviews
- 513 Photos
- 473 Forum posts
- 86 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
- Commented on one of bijo69's Madrid travel pages
- Wrote a Review Ermita de San Antonio de la Florida in Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ermita de San Antonio de la Florida"
- updated a Madrid Travelogue "Fuentes de Madrid (Fountains of Madrid)"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Travel forum"
Photos in MadridSee All Photos (513)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 55 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos