"¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!" Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid by Redang

Madrid Travel Guide: 5,356 reviews and 10,928 photos

De Madrid al Cielo (From Madrid to Heaven)

Hello everybody and welcome to Madrid!
I hope you find here what can help you if you come to Madrid. Please, feel free to ask me whatever you need to know. I add more tips and pics quite often.

Enjoy your stay and see you in Madrid!

Last update: 23 April 2.009: New tips added.
Note for those who have visited this page before: I am adding tips quite often, but I don't leave them at the end of the list but in the position I consider useful for the visitors, so, if you want to have a look at the new tips, use the tool "most recent" in every section, and for all visitors, thanks for dedicating your time to my pages!

Main pic: El Oso y el Madroño (The Bear and the Stawberry Tree) is the symbol of Madrid. You can meet them all year round, at anytime of the day (or of the night), either it rains cats and dogs or it is sunny, they will be waiting for you.

Puerta del Sol.
Metro: Sol (Lines 1, 2 and 3).

Are you fond of football, basketball? Visit the Sports Travel Tips.
If you like Classical Music or Opera, you will find the places visiting Nightlife Tips.
Haven't you tried Spanish omelette or cocido madrileño yet? And what about Sangría? No? Why don't you have a beer? Have a look at the Restaurant tips and try them, you won't regret!

Once people have visited the most important places of Madrid, many of them go to some other cities nearby for a daytrip by car, bus or train.

These places, are:
- Aranjuez (Comunidad de Madrid), at 49 kms.
- Avila (Castilla y León), at 118 kms.
- Chinchón (Comunidad de Madrid), at 45 kms.
- Cuenca (Castilla-La Mancha), at 165 kms.
- San Lorenzo de El Escorial (Comunidad de Madrid), at 50 kms.
- Segovia (Castilla y León), at 96 kms.
- Toledo (Castilla-La Mancha), at 74 kms.

Other destinations that could be of interest:
- Villarejo de Salvanés (Comunidad de Madrid), at 51 kms.

• In a nutshell:Do come, you won't regret!
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2013

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Poner las recetas en las paginas de los restaurantes es una gran idea

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Thanks for an insiders view of the city. My daughter just landed today for a short business trip. I sent her your page for ideas, restaurants, things to see. Thanks!

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Hi Santi, a great page about Madrid, with fantastic pictures! The custom of eating twelve grapes at New Year's Eve is very interesting, I never heard about it before. What a good idea to create tours of the sights and buildings along the Metro lines!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2012 at 5:03 AM

So many great tips about a lovely city. Muchas gracias

• Turska's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Red just most of your madrid tips, and saved some of them. And rated some of them. I have quite lazy internet at work ( I have some quiet times here, nice to plan the summer!) so I don´t rate so much.All the pop ups (you voted..) make this so slow. Thanks for tips!

• leics's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Thank you! Still got more to do though... :-)

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Redang-- Some great material on your pages about Madrid. Between you and Sir Richard I am getting more comfortable with my trip to your country next April! Thanks!

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Interesting and helpful page.

Irene

• debinflorida's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2011 at 2:21 PM

HI, We are traveling to Granada from Madrid in November... we only have Sunday and Sunday night in Madrid as we need to catch the train (Atocha Train Station).. Can you tell us about a great hotel by this station? Also we would love to go to the flea market (El Rastro?) on Sunday afternoon.. Is this possible?
    would love any information,thanks!

• CalogeroMira's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Wonderful photo of El Oso y el Madroño.

Redang

“Travelling: Maybe the best way to spend your money.”

Badges & Stats in Madrid