"Salamanca" Top 5 Page for this destination Salamanca by Redang

Salamanca Travel Guide: 532 reviews and 1,171 photos

Old Town: UNESCO World Heriage

This very beautiful city is known as the city of thought and knowledge, but here you will also find art. The old town has the UNESCO World Heritage designation.

Places such as Plaza Mayor (Main square), dos Catedrales, Vieja y Nueva (two Cathedrals, Old and New), Casa de las Conchas (House of the Shells) and the Universidad (University) are just a few musts you should not miss if you visit Salamanca.

I arrived in Salamanca the morning after a big snow and I found the city as you can see in this second pic; the first one was taken one day later.

• Last visit to Salamanca: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2009

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Very nice intro picture! I'm almost ready with a similar mirrored picture. *N*

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2012 at 3:08 AM

What an interesting city! Gorgeous churches in particular. Snow is not something Germans associate with Spain :-)

• northeast80's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Salamanca looks like a beautiful place. I've always wanted to discover more of Spain.

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2010 at 12:38 AM

One of the most beautiful squares in Spain? I partially agree! I think it is one of the most beautiful squares ever made! Marvelous under the sunlight, under the moonlight and under the pouring rain too!*N*

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2010 at 12:11 AM

there is really a lot of interesting achitecture in Salamanca !

• Elisabcn's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2010 at 6:38 AM

Parece que la pregunta del millon es "are you going to Krakow?" Pues te la hago yo también, juas juas juas :-))) Bonita foto de Salamanca en tu HP la tengo que poner en mi wishlist ;-) Thanks for sharing :-)

• diana_renou's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Estuve en Zalamanca hace muchos años pero viendo tus fotografìas dan ganas de recorrerla nuevamente.

• Feb 3, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Nice Salamanca page

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Salamanca is another place I could go to if I wanted to do a second Spanish immersion... I'll definitely keep it in mind, but I'll make sure to go once winter is over, got enough snow here!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Excellent page about such an interesting place which I missed to visit during my short trip to Spain! Now I know how "very cold winter in Salamanca" looks like! It's very interesting for Russians having very warm winters last time.

Redang

“Travelling: Maybe the best way to spend your money.”

Badges & Stats in Salamanca

Have you been to Salamanca?

Latest Activity in Salamanca