"Aquileia" Top 5 Page for this destination Aquiléia by Redang
Aquiléia Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 216 photos
Aquileia was founded in 181 B.C. Its Archaeological area is exceptionally important and is considered part of the Heritage of mankind by Unesco.
Excavations have brought to light the ruins of the Roman forum and a Basilica, the graveyard, mosaic floors foundations of houses, statues, the Sacred Road, markets, walls, the river port, a large mausoleum, etc.
Note: This first picture was taken from my hotel room.
UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1.998.
The last picture was taken from my hotel room. more travel advice
Formerly called Platea Venis (meaning the old square) or Plassa in the Friulian language. more travel advice
Redang's Related Pages
Aquiléia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than your average ruin"
- "History remains"
- "Antiquity in Northeast Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aquiléia
- Hotels in Aquiléia
- Transportation in Aquiléia
- Restaurants in Aquiléia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aquiléia
- 19 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Aquiléia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aquiléia
Photos in AquiléiaSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 195 reviews, 521 photos, 11 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 77 reviews, 240 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Intro, 85 reviews, 227 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 61 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 55 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 62 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 39 reviews, 143 photos
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos