"Yanbu Industrial City" Yanbu` al Bahr by arabian10
Yanbu` al Bahr Travel Guide: 176 reviews and 282 photos
Located 350 kilometers northwest of Jeddah ,Yanbu Industrial City enjoys a superb natural setting between the Hejaz Mountains and the Red Sea.
Yanbu is the western terminal of cross-kingdom crude oil and NGL pipelines and the largest oil-shipping Terminal on the Red Sea. With facilities for exporting over 3 million barrels of petroleum per day, the industrial city has already proven its strategic value to the Kingdom as an alternate to Gulf outlets.
Yanbu’s location near the Suez Canal gives it excellent access to the established markets of Europe and emerging ones in Africa and the Middle East. The city is also equidistant from America and the dynamic Pacific Rim countries.
Yanbu is far more than just industry and utilities. It is a thriving international community that offers its inhabitants an exceptional high standard of living. Attractive housing, lush, landscaping, excellent schools, hospitals and other public facilities – all contribute immeasurably to residents’ quality of life.
Yanbu enjoys several natural advantages - primarily an excellent location and access to petroleum and mineral resources - that complement its outstanding infrastructure. Moreover, the package of financial incentives that the Saudi government offers industrial developers rivals those offered by leading free-trade zones.
From a marketing standpoint, Yanbu is ideally situated for a manufacturing center:
* Midway between the Americas and the Far East.
* Less than a thousand kilometers from the Suez Canal and access to European markets.
* Just across the Red Sea from Egypt, Sudan and other populous countries of northern and eastern Africa.
* In the largest of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries -which enjoy high per-capita incomes and growth rates- with direct links by land and sea to its GCC neighbors.
Yanbu Industrial City is proof that industrial development and environment protection can coexist. Through policies and programs implemented from the beginning:
Yanbu's natural air and water resources are nearly as pour as before the city's development.
Large tracts of desert and beachfront have been preserved, and even improved by cleanup and landscaping campaigns.
Wastewater is collected, treated, and recycled to irrigate landscaping, while certain organic wastes are processed into compost to enrich soil in city parks and gardens.
Offshore coral reefs and the mangroves near the port-one of the largest stands of these plants on the Red Sea north of Jeddah- are being preserved in their natural state.
Through soil stabilization and landscaping programs, Yanbu's desert site has become an urban oasis, which attracts more species of birds and other wildlife to the site than it supported 20 years ago. Rather than harm the environment, the Yanbu development is enhancing it.
Companies in Yanbu:
Petromin Mobil Refinery Co. Ltd (SAMREF)
SAFRA Co Ltd.
The National titanium Dioxide Co (CRYSTAL)
Yanbu National Petrochemical Company (YANSAB)
Saudi Yanbu Petrochemical Company (YANPET)
Ibn Rushd Acetic Acid Plant, Yanbu
Yanbu Cement Company
located within minutes of town center and red sea hotel. Holiday Inn Yanbu The Official Hotel Site Holiday Inn... more travel advice
arabian10's Related Pages
Yanbu` al Bahr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Base Ops for Lawrence of Arabia"
- "Yanbu Industrial City"
- "Yanbu ... a cool and relaxing city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yanbu` al Bahr
- Hotels in Yanbu` al Bahr
- Restaurants in Yanbu` al Bahr
- Shopping in Yanbu` al Bahr
- Warnings and Dangers in Yanbu` al Bahr
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yanbu` al Bahr
- 196 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Yanbu` al Bahr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yanbu` al Bahr
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 16777215 photos
- Mintaqat Makkah Intro, 398 reviews, 631 photos
- Jiddah Intro, 349 reviews, 366 photos
- Yanbu` al Bahr Intro, 196 reviews, 221 photos
- Saudi Arabia Intro, 198 reviews, 200 photos
- Medina Intro, 38 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al `Ula Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Manila Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Kazan' 12 photos