"High on Ha Long Bay" Hai Long by kphstar
Hai Long Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
It's amazing how progress hs changed this part of Vietnam. In 1994, when I first went there, it was undevelop and dirty. Somewhat standard for the time back then.
Many years on tourism and a James Bond Movie has ensure that the prosperity for this little town.
Ha Long consist of thousands of little limestone islands that litters the coast of Vietnam. It stretches for about 1500km, so don't try to see it all in one day.
Ha Long is a 3/4 hour drive out of Hanoi. It cost $18US pp for a group of ten. Bargain I say. This includes your personal guide, van, boat and a cooked lunch on board.
Best part is that you can bring your own Beers and make a real trip out of it..... just don't litter in the water.
It's fasicnating to see a floating market at your boat step. You'll be offered anything from fresh fruits to veges, live aquatic life and plenty of corals.
Note: It's easy enough to get the coral out of Vietnam but getting it back into your own country maybe tricky.
Thanks to need for tourism, the waters of Ha Long are sparkling again. First time I was there would be advise not to go in to the water. but now......
The government's policies of cleaning up the water and removed all undesirables has been most effective. Unfortunately this includes people hows made the limestone island their home.
- Pros:You really feel like apart of nature.
- Cons:Time it takes to drinve up there.
- In a nutshell:Good for a relaxing time with fiends and family
kphstar's Related Pages
Hai Long Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hai Long
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Hai Long?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hai Long
Photos in Hai LongSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuching Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Waikiki Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.