"Learning To Travel 1 Country and Mistake at a Time" altfineart's Profile

Stonehenge

Our first trip over seas was to England & France. I planned and organised the entire trip myself and learned a lot about traveling in foreign countries. One of the 1st things I discovered was Jetlag, yes it does exist! I learned that the hard way when we landed in England and had a full schedule planned to start immediately. I think I should let you know that the Salisbury train station on the way to Stonehenge does NOT have lockers for storing your luggage for the day (despite what some travel books say) so you are forced to drag it along with you out to Stonehenge. Not a good idea unless you learn to pack lighter which I did in subsequent trips overseas. You should also know that if it is raining Stonehenge has NO shelters to get in out of the rain so be sure to have raingear with you. You take a bus out to stonehenge and it pretty much dumps you along the side of the road by the ticket booth and doesn't return for a couple hours so be prepared for a stay. All that being said Stonehenge was incredible I wouldn't have missed it for the world and even went back a 2nd time during my trip.

• Intro Updated Mar 20, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
altfineart's Profile Photo

altfineart

“The world is a canvas, your life a brush, paint your own design.”

Ranked Member