"My travels" gib157's Profile
Hello I'm jon, I'm 19 and from Norfolk England. Ive decided to make these pages so I can share my experiences with others and it is also a great way to look back on past adventures and trips.
Places I have visited ( in a rough order are)
*Gibraltar (most years)
*Scotland (about 10 times)
City : Berlin
Countries: Scotland, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
Places:Perthshire (Scotland), Angkor Wat (Cambodia), Gibraltar, Brighton (UK), Krabi province (Thailand), Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang (Laos), Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
Food: Roast dinner, deserts - especially ice cream and chocolate, tapas - especially gambas pil pil, squid, john dory and swordfish
Random things I like :
* mountains, rivers, seas, landscapes bascically
*playing with wax, knowing I will ruin something
*mood swings that include wild bedroom dancing
*singing, knowing i'm quite bad
*Lord of the rings and other sci-fi fantasy books
*collecting anything - postcards,bottle tops,receipts,colours,cinema tickets,pens,and anything quirky
*running down hills - will my knees break backwards? will i ever stop?
* playing with twigs and sticks, making things. If I'm out walking the dogs or in general, I have to pick up a stick and swish it around or snap it - same with leaves.
* dreams and trying to draw them
*spontenaity - one of the best things in life
* perfect english weather - when it comes, maybe once a year, it is the best weather in the world.
*being cheap and getting bargains. If I know ive saved money even though Ive spent money, I am happy
*strange words like hefty,hemp,haberdashery,peruse,flippant,skwiggle,napsack,ravage, etc
*nice people - how obvious, but every once in a while there will be someone who will totally make you day or week but just being nice.
*open mindedness - people who are willing to try knew things, learn, grow and be better people.
*bla bla bla, I wont even think about starting a list of things I dont like, or maybe later.
One of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they seem to sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain" - James Baldwin
" If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't bother us" - Harmann Hesse
" To understand everything is to hate nothing" - Romain Rolland
" The man who has no imagination has no wings" - Ali
" A little sincerity is a dangerous thing and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
All photographs are my own unless otherwise stated, so please dont use without my permission, thanks.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 97 Reviews
- 246 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
updated their Profile Page "My travels"
- Wrote a Review Cheap guesthouse on ko san in Bangkok Hotels
- updated a Thailand Travel Page "My first time travelling"
- Commented on pepu's profile page
- Posted in Travel Southern Thailand Forum "RE: RE: ferry questions"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Disturbing waves"
Top 10 Pages
- Sukhothai Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 4 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gibraltar Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ko Lanta Noi Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pai Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mae Hong Son Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Phangan Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Tao Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.