"My travels" gib157's Profile

Hello I'm jon, I'm 19 and from Norfolk England. Ive decided to make these pages so I can share my experiences with others and it is also a great way to look back on past adventures and trips.

My travels

Places I have visited ( in a rough order are)

*France-south
*Gibraltar (most years)
*Spain
*Scotland (about 10 times)
*USA
*Laos

My favourite:

City : Berlin

Countries: Scotland, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia

Places:Perthshire (Scotland), Angkor Wat (Cambodia), Gibraltar, Brighton (UK), Krabi province (Thailand), Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang (Laos), Phnom Penh (Cambodia)

Food: Roast dinner, deserts - especially ice cream and chocolate, tapas - especially gambas pil pil, squid, john dory and swordfish

Random things I like :
* mountains, rivers, seas, landscapes bascically
*chocolate
* photography
*architecture
*playing with wax, knowing I will ruin something
*mood swings that include wild bedroom dancing
*singing, knowing i'm quite bad
*Lord of the rings and other sci-fi fantasy books
*collecting anything - postcards,bottle tops,receipts,colours,cinema tickets,pens,and anything quirky
*running down hills - will my knees break backwards? will i ever stop?
*climbing
* playing with twigs and sticks, making things. If I'm out walking the dogs or in general, I have to pick up a stick and swish it around or snap it - same with leaves.
* dreams and trying to draw them
*live music
*spontenaity - one of the best things in life
* perfect english weather - when it comes, maybe once a year, it is the best weather in the world.
*being cheap and getting bargains. If I know ive saved money even though Ive spent money, I am happy
*strange words like hefty,hemp,haberdashery,peruse,flippant,skwiggle,napsack,ravage, etc
*nice people - how obvious, but every once in a while there will be someone who will totally make you day or week but just being nice.
*open mindedness - people who are willing to try knew things, learn, grow and be better people.
*bla bla bla, I wont even think about starting a list of things I dont like, or maybe later.

A selection of some of my favourite quotes

One of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they seem to sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain" - James Baldwin

" If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't bother us" - Harmann Hesse

" To understand everything is to hate nothing" - Romain Rolland

" The man who has no imagination has no wings" - Ali

" A little sincerity is a dangerous thing and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde

All photographs are my own unless otherwise stated, so please dont use without my permission, thanks.

• Intro Updated Aug 28, 2005

• pepu's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 9:32 AM

It's so much fun for me to go through your pages and stories - some of them me laugh out loud. Love them. Great stories and beautiful pictures...keep going :)

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 1:26 AM

...also thanks for the visit at my Angkor Wat page... still need to work on that a bit more... I absolutley was taken away by most of the temples... Ciao Michael

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 7:58 PM

HI! Jonathan: Just a quick tip with rgd to your Koh Ngai pic. Make sure that the sun is not behind you or your face will up out silhouetted. Great trip you must be having travelling thru' Thailand & Cambodia. Cheers.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 5:31 PM

Great Cambodian pictures, mate, nice one. I've been to a lot of the same places you have including Gib and you're right, it can be seriously hairy flying into there. Have a good trip to SEA. fergy.

• peerapa's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 12:38 AM

Good view point for your Cambodian People album...I like to capture something different when I travel too...May

• suvaa003's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2005 at 5:23 AM

Hi you are born in the same time I moved to Norwich!

• africaking's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2005 at 5:12 PM

well done on your Gib. pages, I know what you mean about flying into Gib, a little scarey at times. I miss the place, god knows why,lol.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 7:45 AM

Welcome to VT Jonathon, I hope you enjoy your time here its a great community.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!