"Working and Living Abroad" BobbyL's Profile
I never thought that I would work and live in the Middle East (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) for the past 12 years. All I wanted was to work for 2 years, finish my contract, return home and find employment in my home country the Philippines. Fortunately, I liked my job and opted to stay until I can. What made me stay was that I enjoyed my work, the people I work with and the company that I have been working for the past 12 years. Also the added incentive was the countries I try to visit on my way home for my annual vacation. Or the places I can visit in the Philippines.
Some of my friends visit other countries on their way to the Philippines for their annual vacation. Some go to Europe, US, countries in the Middle East, and others prefer to go to our neighboring Asian countries. While some go to the exotic islands we have - 7,100 islands - would take a lifetime to visit each one of them. Situated in the Pacific Ring of Fire, my country has a number of active volcanoes, and has the most exotic beaches in the world.
Travelling has been my passion. To see the best of the world before I can call it a day.
The Capital, Riyadh is big and very cosmopolitan. It has huge malls and hypermarkets that cater to all classes. One of the known landmark of the city is the Kingdom Tower. It's very upscale and modern.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 9 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- BobbyL and sirenna are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Working and Living Abroad"
- updated a Boracay Island Travel Page "Boracay then and now"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Boracay then and now"
- Wrote a Review 30 Years of Ocean Park about Ocean Park in Hong Kong Things to Do
- Commented on one of gloopgloop's Hong Kong travel pages
- Posted in Travel Riyadh Forum "RE: Riyadh Bound!!"
Top 5 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 3 photos
- Dubai Intro, 2 photos
- Riyadh Intro, 2 photos