Bryce Canyon National Park Off The Beaten Path Tips by StephanB
Bryce Canyon National Park Off The Beaten Path: 49 reviews and 77 photos
Hiking in Capital Reef
Capital Reef is another great place for hikes. Honestly, we have traveled around the world, and it is hard to find many places that compare to the scenery in this part of the country. As comparison, we loved northern Argentina (similar topography) but it has nothing (geologically) on the National Parks in and around Utah. Capital Reef National Park being one of them.
Short hike along the road
Just outside of Bryce National Park, on the way towards Zion, is the Red Rock National Forest. There are a number of great hikes along the road. Most of the hikes are in the 1 to 2 hour range.
I believe this is the least visited national Park in Utah. Maybe everyone is so centered on the "biggies" like Bryce, Arches and Zion that they don't have the time to visit capital Reef. We thought it was an amazing place. Great hiking, viewing, etc. If you are in the area, take an extra day and visit Capital Reef.
More Reviews (4)
StephanB's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Hoodoos and Queens"
- "Bryce Canyon – magic encounters with artist Earth"
- "Don't Think Thrice, Bryce is All Right!"
- "Hoodoo's-NOt Boo Hoo's"
- "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- "Bryce Canyon National Park"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 16 Bryce Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryce Canyon National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Camarines Sur
- Kahakuloa Hotels
- Monterey Hotels
- Benaulim Hotels
- Loen Hotels
- Fussen Off The Beaten Path
- Bora-Bora Off The Beaten Path
- Isla de Tenerife Off The Beaten Path
- Boston's Neighborhoods
- Llandudno Off The Beaten Path
- Porvoo Off The Beaten Path
- Columbus Off The Beaten Path
- Alki Point
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Off The Beaten Path
- Skiathos Off The Beaten Path
- Morro de Sao Paulo
- Delaware Water Gap Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon National Park
Photos in Bryce Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ecuador Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Colombia Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos
- Morocco Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos