"I love Turkey" Turkey by StephanB

Turkey Travel Guide: 24,934 reviews and 72,319 photos

The people are one of many highlights

We traveled around Turkey for 2 months. It was the start of our 'Around the world trip' and I'm not sure how we are going to top it. We enjoyed everything about the country. I have never felt more welcomed by strangers in my life. Our 18 month old was treated like a princess (didn't hurt that she was blond haired and blue eyed). We were invited into homes, to tables at restaurants, to picnics and many other things during our trip. The country itself is incredibly beautiful. Scenic, historic, you name it, Turkey has it.

Plenty of ruins and history

Turkey is filled with ancient ruins throughout the country. Many of these are unspoiled and rarely visited. There were times when we would have a complete, very large roman theatre all to ourselves.

Beautiful beaches and towns.

As long as you stay away from the crowded tourist coastal towns, you can really find some beautiful, peaceful places. It helped that were there right before the busy season.

• Pros:Everything
  • Cons:Tourist are ruining some beautiful coastal towns
  • In a nutshell:Everything you want in a destination.
  • Last visit to Turkey: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2005

• albaaust's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 4:36 AM

Some interesting tips Steve. I hope we enjoy it as much.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 4:15 AM

Wow, awesome page here Steve! You have a lovely way with words mate!! I can feel your passion and excitment for travel! Your little family sounds wonderful! All the best to you and yours for the new year :o) Hugs, Ann xx

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2005 at 3:49 AM

How wonderful to live the dream. May the road and the dream lead you to more fabulous places, beautiful places and fantasic people. leyle

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 9:47 AM

We love you too. Marry Christmass.

• GillianMcLaughlin's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 9:12 AM

Hi. These are fantastic tips and great photos. I've long wanted to visit Turkey - you describe the country that my Turkish friends tell me about. Many thanks and good wishes for your next adventures.

StephanB

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”

Badges & Stats in Turkey