"Huan ying! Welcome!" Yijie's Profile
My Western Europe trip in 2005:
30th April: Took train to Amsterdam from Paris, walk around and soak in Queen’s Day atmosphere.
01st May: Day trips to Keukenhof Gardens and Zaanse Schans.
02nd May: Took train to Brussels, caught Manneken Pis and took train back to Paris. Took night train to Venice.
03rd May: Enjoyed the day around Piazza San Marco.
04th May: Took train to Florence. Went sightseeing and caught the fantastic view on Ponte Vecchio.
05th May: Took train to Pisa. Climbed onto one of the modern wonders of the world, The Leaning Tower of Pisa. Took train to Rome.
06th May: Sightseeing on foot from the Piazza di Spagna to Colosseum.
07th May: Went to Vatican City. Took night train to Nice.
08th May: Took train to Monaco for sightseeing, lost 5 euros on the jackpot machines at Monte-Carlo and returned to Nice.
09th May: Walked along Nice pebble beach and went up Colline du Château. Took night train to Port Bou.
10th May: Train service fault, took bus transfer to Port Bou and another train to Barcelona. Walked along Las Ramblas to Port Vell.
11th May: Day trip to Montserrat.
12th May: Went to Park Güell, did some fashion shopping and caught the night train to Madrid.
13th May: Went sightseeing, starting from Puerta del Sol.
14th May: Visited Palacio Real and did some fashion shopping.
15th May: Wandered around and took plane back to Paris in the afternoon.
I always have the intention to create a homepage but it always fail to materialise due to some reason or another. ^_^ Stumbling onto VT has been a gift. I can write all my travel experiences here. Year 2004 was a major landmark in my life 'cause I got my first degree and started my career with an overseas job-training in Paris. Haha...more travel opportunities for me and finally after 25 years, I step foot on another continent!
The mementos I keep for a place are usually namecards, all sorts of tickets, keychains and of course photos! I also like collecting postcards from other countries, so I always ask my girlfriend, siblings or friends to send me one when they go abroad. So far, my favourite city to visit is Taipei. Be sure to check my travel pages for updates!
The country I wish to visit most is Japan, hope to stay at least one night in a traditional Japanese style inn, try out an onsen, have a sumptuous dinner after it... Also, eating a bowl of ramen at a street stall, visiting their annual anime fair, and many others!
Admiring the moon while drinking sake at a traditional Japanese house.
Spending a night in a castle on a hilltop, preferably a creepy one.
[Definitely not a château, too un-castlelike!]
Helping out on a farm, bringing the sheeps and cows to graze.
Camping in a log cabin close to a lake, go fishing on a boat.
I welcome any ideas or suggestions to fulfil my hopes! :)
Singapore is a very small country, in fact, smaller than some cities in the world. She is a place full of gastronomical delights, aplenty waiting for you to discover. Be it the simple hawker fare to the international cuisines, we have it all.
She is also very safe to visit. You can go around in the wee morning hours for late night supper, karaoke, pubbing etc without any trouble except perhaps meeting a police constable asking for your id that's all. ^_^
I enjoy playing adventure games, esp. those from the survival horror genre e.g. Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Dino Crisis. Many of these games boast superb soundtracks but you can't find them in Singapore. I usually source for their OSTs at places in Hongkong (Sino Centre) and Taiwan.
I also like reading and collecting comics and watching anime. Most of those I have are Japanese manga. They include the well-known Maison Ikkoku, City Hunter, Video Girl Ai, Bastard!!, Slam Dunk, Tenchi Muyo!, Silent Mobius etc.
Voila! So you see, I'm a cat-lover. Some people say cats are plain lazy. In my view, I say they know how to enjoy life. This is the tour guide of Château d' Azay-le-Rideau in Loire Valley of France. I found her outside the castle's entrance. She followed us into the castle and brought us to the second floor. They are smart too!
Personal Pages (2)
Written Dec 12, 2006
Cats on my Europe trip 2005
Written Sep 22, 2005
The Amateur Cook
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Hawaii (Big Island)
- Blackpool Hotels
- Vacation Isle Hotels
- Island of Newfoundland
- Regensburg Hotels
- Newport State Park Hotels
- Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park
- Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area Hotels
- Pekan Nanas
- Saint Helier
- Xiamen Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 96 Reviews
- 272 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Yijie and hekate are now friends.
- updated a Paris Travel Page "They called it: The City of Lights"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Huan ying! Welcome!"
updated their Profile Page "Huan ying! Welcome!"
- Wrote a Review Famous Chicken Rice 2 in Singapore Restaurants
- Commented on hekate's profile page
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: General Tip question"
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taipei Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genting Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Serra de Montserrat Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos