"MORCOTE- once a fishing village" Morcote by mary2u99
Morcote Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 23 photos
MORCOTE, was once a typical fisherman's village with porticoes and historical houses, characteristic narrow streets.
The Capitano Tower, dating to the 14th century, the lakeshore promenade and the Church of San Rocco and S. Maria del Sasso.
This town is famous for its narrow alleys, paved with stone and each alleys was once called according to the profession of the residence.. like the butcher, dress maker, carpenters and etc.
- In a nutshell:A quiet fishing village
mary2u99's Related Pages
Morcote Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A picturesque old town on Ceresio lake"
- "MORCOTE- once a fishing village"
- "a quaint fishing village"
- "Charming old village on the lake"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morcote
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Morcote?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morcote
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuantan Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan Intro, 13 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winterswijk Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Melaka Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos