"Oberhausen" Top 5 Page for this destination Oberhausen by mary2u99
Oberhausen Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 174 photos
Oberhausen is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia.
The city is a product of economical growth in the 19th century. It was rural area until about 1860, when coal
Coal is a fossil fuel extracted from the ground by mining. Often associated with the Industrial Revolution, coal remains an enormously important fuel and is the most common source of electricity world-wide.
Steel is a metal alloy whose major component is iron, with carbon being the primary alloying material. Carbon acts as a binding agent, locking the otherwise easily-moved iron atoms into a rigid lattice.
Oberhausen is a typical Ruhr area city, which was founded in order to become an industrial centre for miners and steelworkers. Today the city tries to get a new image. In the 1990s a new city centre was inaugurated. There is an art gallery and an international short film festival in Oberhausen.
Burg Vondern a significat North Rhine Westphalian late gothic secular building. The mail building dates back to the... more travel advice
On 1 August 1999, Oberhausen celebrated the 125th anniversary of its town charter within the framework of the park... more travel advice
mary2u99's Related Pages
Oberhausen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oberhausen - the capital of SV BSZS-2006"
- "Oberhausen - Gasometer and more"
- "Nice shopping paradise!: CentrO"
- "OBERHAUSEN CENTR O"
- "Oberhausen 2002"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oberhausen
- Hotels in Oberhausen
- Transportation in Oberhausen
- Restaurants in Oberhausen
- Shopping in Oberhausen
- Warnings and Dangers in Oberhausen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oberhausen
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Oberhausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oberhausen
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuantan Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan Intro, 13 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winterswijk Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Melaka Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos