"Lelystad" Lelystad-Haven by mary2u99
Lelystad-Haven Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 44 photos
Flevoland is the newest Dutch province. It was official founded the 1st of January 1986. It comprises the main body of the land reclaimed from the former Zuiderzee (or South-Sea), which was closed by the Enclosure Dam of 1932.
Lelystad is one of the youngest towns in the Netherlands and the Flevoland’s “capital” was founded in 1966.
It all begin in 1951 when the first people settled on the former construction island of Lelystad-Haven and this specially made island was then incorporated into Lelystad.
My friend took me on a tour of the area and told me most of the place here were once underwater and she used to go boating and sailing and now it's people home.
The oldest houses or the first housed that was built in this area still stand and still look very strong too. There is also the oldest tree here and you can also see it
- Pros:Quite small town with beautiful nature park
- In a nutshell:My Second Home!
Batavia Stad and the Batavia Wharf in which the 17th century ship of the same name is anchored. Reconstruction work is... more travel advice
Lelystad: big part of this area is water: Markermeer , IJsselmeer and the internationally famous nature park... more travel advice
mary2u99's Related Pages
Lelystad-Haven Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lelystad Haven visit the Batavia"
- "Lelystad Haven, NL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lelystad-Haven
- Hotels in Lelystad-Haven
- Shopping in Lelystad-Haven
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lelystad-Haven
- 5 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lelystad-Haven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lelystad-Haven
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuantan Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan Intro, 13 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winterswijk Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Melaka Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos