"Winterswijk" Winterswijk by mary2u99
Winterswijk Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 80 photos
This is the first time that I travel to this part of The Netherlands. From Schiphol to Winterswijk West. (Cost Euro21.70 for second class single ticket)
My friend was like, I hope you get on the right train and call me if you get lost. Of course the journey was not on one train but I have to change 3 trains to get here and I did. I am glad to see my friend was waiting for me at the station.
Surprisingly for a small town they have 2 train stations one is called Winterswijk West and the other Winterswijk Centrum.
Maybe it's not really a small town after all but most places are walking distance from my friend's apartment like the market place, pubs, restaurants, town centre and supermarkets all within 10 minutes walk.
This is the town that produces famous composer and conductor Willem van Otterloo which was born in Winterswijk in 1907; contemporary poet and writer Gerrit Komrij in 1944.
I really love the weather here well for November it was very nice and warm and the only time we had bad weather and storm was in January and it got a bit colder too around 7C in the daytime but of course I did not get my White Christmas or white New Year.
The fireworks in this town during the eve of New Year is very beautiful and we were so excited to see which neighbour can match or beats the other with their fireworks display.
- Pros:Friendly people and great company
- In a nutshell:Small town with A Big Heart
I am back here again this year(December 2009) and it looks like I am going to have my very first White Christmas. It now... more travel advice
Walking around Winterswijk is a good form of exercise to see the town and also all the park surrounding it especially if... more travel advice
mary2u99's Related Pages
Winterswijk Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Winterswijk
- Hotels in Winterswijk
- Nightlife in Winterswijk
- Restaurants in Winterswijk
- Shopping in Winterswijk
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Winterswijk
- 12 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Winterswijk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winterswijk
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuantan Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan Intro, 13 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winterswijk Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Melaka Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos