"Langkawi" Pulau Langkawi by mary2u99
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide: 1,527 reviews and 3,929 photos
This is the first view you will see as you reach the jetty in Langkawi. The beautiful yacht and Dataran Lang of the other side.
Langkawi derived its name from the eagle or "helang". In old Malay, "kawi" denotes reddish brown - hence, Langkawi means reddish brown eagle.
Langkawi has 99 magical islands to be explored. Each with a beauty and attraction of its own. The island has a size of 47,848 hectares which is covered two thirds by mountains and tropical rain forest.
Langkawi is split into 6 districts: Mukim Kuah, Padang Matsirat, Ayer Hangat, Bohor, Ulu Melaka and Kedawang.
- Pros:Duty free shoppings
- In a nutshell:Land of reddish brown eagle
Pantai Pasir Hitam or Black Sand Beach is steaked with black sands, believed to be caused by the mineral oxide deposits... more travel advice
Langkawi enjoys duty-free status you can do the shopping as you arrive via the airport or Kuah Jetty shopping malls from... more travel advice
mary2u99's Related Pages
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island"
- "LANGKAWI .WHERE THE HEART IS"
- "Pulau Langkawi"
- "Where heaven and earth meets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Langkawi
- Hotels in Pulau Langkawi
- Transportation in Pulau Langkawi
- Nightlife in Pulau Langkawi
- Restaurants in Pulau Langkawi
- Shopping in Pulau Langkawi
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Langkawi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi
- 13 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Langkawi
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuantan Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan Intro, 13 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winterswijk Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Melaka Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos