"My hometown a ghost town now!" Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Lembing by mary2u99
Sungai Lembing Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 157 photos
This page is dedicated to my dad who was a tin miner here.
Sungai Lembing is approximately about 45 kilometers from Kuantan.
I was born in this small town and live in Dynamite Creek until I was in my teen when we move to Kuantan as the mining slowly died.
I remember my younger days when we used to buy freshly warm bread from the bakery and Sungai Lembing biscuits and eat it with home made kaya (jam made of coconut, egg and flavoured with pandan leave).
Yes Sungai Lembing have their own bakery the one and only too. This bakery mainly bakes bread and the famous Sungai Lembing biscuits.
My mom will always ask us to bring lunch for my dad who works is the mine and we always take shortcut to go to the mine and then walk to school.
Everyone know each other not by our name but by whose daughter or son we are! Yes you will get caught if you do mischief, like what happen to us kids after school. We went swimming and plunge in the river was caught and sent back home for warning. I guess kids will be kids.
On one of my trip to London at the immigration the officer ask me where in Pahang you were born so I told him Sungai Lembing. He smile and said tin mine town. I was really surprise he knows Sungai Lembing. I am so proud to be born here.
I usually visit Sungai Lembing once in a while but its really sad to see this town now. I was in tears to see where my old house use to be. It is now a jungle.
Coming back to Sungai Lembing always bring back memories to me especially my younger days of swimming in the river, playing at the waterfall, climbing Sungai Lembing(Panorama)hill and etc.
This is good memories and will be cherish forever!
- In a nutshell:The town that time left behind
The restaurant is just an average local restaurant but the noodles was very delicious. Tomato noodles more travel advice
Sungai Lembing town is very quiet now. Most of the residence are in their late 50 to 70. The younger generations have... more travel advice
mary2u99's Related Pages
Sungai Lembing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My hometown a ghost town now!"
- "Sg Lembing"
- "Sungai Lembing"
- "The Glorious and The Faded..."
- "Inside Sg Lembing Museum"
- "Sungai Lembing, Pahang"
- "Sungai Lembing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sungai Lembing
- Hotels in Sungai Lembing
- Transportation in Sungai Lembing
- Restaurants in Sungai Lembing
- Shopping in Sungai Lembing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sungai Lembing
- 7 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sungai Lembing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sungai Lembing
- Commented on one of mary2u99's Sungai Lembing travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sungai Lembing tomato noodles in Sungai Lembing Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sungai Lembing tomato noodles"
- updated a Sungai Lembing Travel Page "My hometown a ghost town now!"
- Posted in Travel Perth Forum "Re: Apartment in Perth CBD area"
Photos in Sungai LembingSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuantan Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan Intro, 13 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winterswijk Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Melaka Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos