"My hometown a ghost town now!" Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Lembing by mary2u99

Sungai Lembing Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 157 photos

Sungai Lembing

This page is dedicated to my dad who was a tin miner here.

Sungai Lembing is approximately about 45 kilometers from Kuantan.

I was born in this small town and live in Dynamite Creek until I was in my teen when we move to Kuantan as the mining slowly died.

I remember my younger days when we used to buy freshly warm bread from the bakery and Sungai Lembing biscuits and eat it with home made kaya (jam made of coconut, egg and flavoured with pandan leave).

Yes Sungai Lembing have their own bakery the one and only too. This bakery mainly bakes bread and the famous Sungai Lembing biscuits.

My mom will always ask us to bring lunch for my dad who works is the mine and we always take shortcut to go to the mine and then walk to school.

Everyone know each other not by our name but by whose daughter or son we are! Yes you will get caught if you do mischief, like what happen to us kids after school. We went swimming and plunge in the river was caught and sent back home for warning. I guess kids will be kids.

On one of my trip to London at the immigration the officer ask me where in Pahang you were born so I told him Sungai Lembing. He smile and said tin mine town. I was really surprise he knows Sungai Lembing. I am so proud to be born here.

Sungai Lembing

I usually visit Sungai Lembing once in a while but its really sad to see this town now. I was in tears to see where my old house use to be. It is now a jungle.

Sungai Lembing

Coming back to Sungai Lembing always bring back memories to me especially my younger days of swimming in the river, playing at the waterfall, climbing Sungai Lembing(Panorama)hill and etc.

This is good memories and will be cherish forever!

• In a nutshell:The town that time left behind
  • Last visit to Sungai Lembing: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 3, 2011

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2012 at 6:26 AM

To Sylvia Lee

When you reach the town, look out for the Khek Association or Persatuan Hainan buildings which are on your right and on your left is the food court You can park near the food court because the foothill is at the back of the food court.
    From the back of the food court, you'll pass the public library on your left.
    And on your right, the SJK(C) Lembing school. (Lembing Chinese Primary school).
    It will lead you to Bukit Panorama, it will lead you to Bukit Panorama.

• SylviaLee's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2012 at 2:33 AM

may i know where is the entrance to Panorama Hill?

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Thanks for sharing a piece of your proud past :~)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2007 at 12:59 AM

The bridge looks very inviting. Durians... my favorite fruit!!!! SL

• onlyme20's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2006 at 8:23 AM

ur hometown in sg lembing? every now & then i go there leaves kuantan 0445am reached there, climb up sg lembing hill (bukit panaroma) to see sun rise! nice to get to know u mary, btw, i m staying in kuantan

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 1:37 AM

Love durian...hate the smell! Nice little tour & photo's of your hometown. Blu

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 11:39 PM

sounds like a nice place-too bad that it is so quiet there now.

• atufft's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2006 at 11:53 PM

Thanks for the informative tour of your home town. I'm surprised that you were able to move to the big city and then travel so much! I've never had a durian...I'd like to some day.

mary2u99 Was Born Here!

mary2u99

“Nothing is impossible!”

Badges & Stats in Sungai Lembing

Have you been to Sungai Lembing?