"Sandakan" Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan by mary2u99
Sandakan Travel Guide: 222 reviews and 580 photos
Sandakan is the second largest town in the state of Sabah, East Malaysia, on the north-eastern of island of Borneo.
"Sandakan" derived from the Suluk word "sanda" meaning, to pawn and "kan" being the suffix. So "Sandakan" means the place that was pawned.
Must see places in Sandakan:
1. Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
2. Gomontong Caves, Sabah
3. Kinabatangan & Sukau River
4. Turtle Island(we did not get to see this but if you do come here do book early for the tour to this island)
5. Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple
6. Agnes Keith house
7. Water village in Kampung Buli Sim Sim
8. City tour of Sandakan -many churches, mosque and temples.
Last but not least
9. Seafood! This is the place to eat all the lobster, prawn and crayfish. Its cheap too. My Korean girl friend was like when I visit Malaysia again you have to take me to Sandakan for the seafood. She just love it.
We flew back to Kuala Lumpur using Air Asia. (www.airasia.com).
- Pros:Wildlife, wonderful seafood
- In a nutshell:Wild and beautiful!! Glorious Seafood!!
We flew to Sandakan in the morning but miss our Airasia flight so we end up paying full fair on Malaysia airlines. On... more travel advice
Orang utan in Malay language “man of the jungle”. The world's largest Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre is located here,... more travel advice
mary2u99's Related Pages
Sandakan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Mount Kinabalu to Sukau"
- "Sandakan Sabah"
- "THE FORGOTTEN CITY HARBOUR"
- "Sandakan, home of Sepilok"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sandakan
- Hotels in Sandakan
- Transportation in Sandakan
- Nightlife in Sandakan
- Restaurants in Sandakan
- Shopping in Sandakan
- Warnings and Dangers in Sandakan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sandakan
- 13 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sandakan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sandakan
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 28 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuantan Intro, 25 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan Intro, 13 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Winterswijk Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Melaka Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos