"Group Camping At Kodachrome" Top 5 Page for this destination Kodachrome Basin State Park by LauraWest

Group Camp Site

Utah has so many places of natural beauty. This park has great rock cliffs, hikes, formations of rock & what they call "slick rock," which is very smooth, huge rocks you can slide around on!
I went here with a group from my church, so we got to use the VERY nice group area. It was a perfect location, with a big campfire area & lots of space for us to spread out with our tents. There was even lawn grass!! Watch out for the sprinkler system which they must use to water it everyday. It is a desert, after all!

Yes, it is named After the Film!

The ranger came over one evening & gave us an informal talk. She said the park is named after the film by Kodak, which I knew. And the colors on my photos were great. If I still had a scanner operating, I'd add some to these pages. I took a lot of pictures!!

• Intro Written May 12, 2005

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 4:17 AM

This was one amazing place to camp, glad you enjoyed it too.

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Thanks for the information on this park!

• aadil's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2005 at 10:44 PM

Interesting shooting star tips and driving slow to see more sure helps!!! Don't know about which bottle you are talking about - water, tea or coffee?!!! Hope it was not an alcoholic beverage to see the shooting stars!!! HAHAHA!!!

LauraWest

“Every weapon is a boomerang.”

Badges & Stats in Kodachrome Basin State Park

Have you been to Kodachrome Basin State Park?