"Vast World of Native Culture & Natural Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Gallup by LauraWest
Gallup Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 138 photos
Gallup is known around the world for authentic Indian art & jewelry trading & sales. More than 100 shops to visit, they claim. I visited about four & definitely got some beautiful jewelry at great prices! It was worth the stop just for that, but there's so much more here. There's history, natural beauty of the desert & red rock. And, of course, the people! I want to go back soon & again.
There have been many books written on Route 66, with good reason. It is one of the most signifigant parts of USA cultural history. Starting in Chicago,ending in California, it was the first road connecting the Midnwest with the West. Parts of the road still exist but it is getting harder & harder to find it. Gallup is one of the easy ones, so is Flagstaff, Arizona. And I love both places!
- Pros:much to do there & nearby, many special events
- Cons:Not for vegetarians!
- In a nutshell:where the Southwest hums!
Ceremonial Indian dances, marketplaces, juried art show, a professional Indian rodeo, parades in downtown Gallup, local... more travel advice
LauraWest's Related Pages
Gallup Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GALLUP - LAND OF THE NAVAJO"
- "My Adventures in Gallup and "Indian Country""
- "Basaic Gallup Page"
- "Vast World of Native Culture & Natural Beauty"
- "Navajo Shopping on Route 66"
- "Livin' in the High Desert"
- "Gallup, New Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gallup
- Hotels in Gallup
- Nightlife in Gallup
- Restaurants in Gallup
- Shopping in Gallup
- Warnings and Dangers in Gallup
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gallup
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Gallup?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gallup
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Intro, 52 reviews, 45 photos
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Arles Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumberland Island Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kilkenny Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Florence Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oak Park Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos