"My Real Home" Webster Groves by LauraWest

Webster Groves Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos

This lovely, old suburb is where I actually live. It is very close to the City of St. Louis. Most people in the suburbs here say they live in St. Louis. I noticed this even before I moved here.
Webster is a very nice place, with two old shopping streets, good restaurants, tons of old wooden homes, Webster University, lovely parks (not on the main streets, but not hard to find) & a strong sense of community.

You know what? I haven't taken any photos of this place yet & I've lived here about four and a half years!! funny, isn't it? Now that I realize this, I will make an effort to add some photos to this page.

What's A VT Homepage without a Cat Pic?!

We have two house cats that we adopted as kittens in the summer of '97, right after I bought my first house. That was in the city. Now we live in an old suburb, where the kitties & I love the screened in front porch!!
They could get along better, but we love them & are fascinated with their personalities, still.

I love to get out in the gardens & dig, weed, plant & just poke about! Hardly a day goes by without some of this spirit-fulfilling activity. As I claim on my Homepage, I am a gardener through & through! I couldn't live in a place without a garden, to get dirty in and watch grow, changing each season...

• Pros:Beautiful, Quiet, Safe -Gorgeous Streets of Old Houses, with trees & gardens
  • Cons:No hotels or B &B's
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2007

• highlandlaura's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Hi. Any new travels this year yet? Me - will prob go to OH in June, maybe FL in Nov. Try to get to Europe in 09! How 'bout you!

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 5:20 AM

gotta love smal towns. where's my prize??

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 8:01 AM

How is wonderful Webster Groves these days? It was my favorite town in the St. Louis Metro when I was at Wash U (class of 1983)!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2007 at 9:51 AM

no special reason, 2009 is a good date and I hope to have more time to travel then. No fixed dates yet, no itinerary, just dreams...

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 9:56 AM

So now we know where you actually live!!! Great pics ..... love the flowers and kitty ones!!!

LauraWest Lives Here!

LauraWest

“Every weapon is a boomerang.”

Badges & Stats in Webster Groves

Have you been to Webster Groves?

Latest Activity in Webster Groves