"St. Louis Has Many Surprises, for Everyone!" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis by LauraWest
Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,123 reviews and 1,960 photos
...because you may not thought of visiting us!
I've been living in St. Louis since July '97. Yes, ten years & have grown to love it. It is a great American city to visit, too. The main reasons: economical for an American city; many interesting sites, both historic and modern, really great food, all types of music, architecture & museums and other attractions. There is free entertainment many nights of the week and all over the area. Unique restaurants and bars with live music far into the night and live theater and concert venues to entertain you, too.
Most of the museums are free & the world-class (what does this term mean anyway...?) zoo is free, too, and keeps adding new sections. The City Museum has a fee but is the most unusual place you'll ever see! Even if you hate museums, you should visit. Its open until 1 a.m. on Fridays & Saturdays. I have a tip now on this always evolving, impossible to define, people magnet. I enjoy regular visits to their web site, too.
There's so much I could include here about this city & oh, so much has already been written & some by very famous writers...
I am starting separate pages for some of the suburbs of St. Louis, though they are very, very close to the city. I am speaking of Clayton and Webster Groves, so far...
- Pros:inexpensive for USA, lots of history, great music & fun
- Cons:public transport needs improving & we're working on it!
- In a nutshell:More than Beer & Baseball!
If you have children, I am sure they would love a visit to our zoo. There's so much to see and do here. I haven't see... more travel advice
This restaurant has been around for over ten years, but use to be called South City Diner & was next door to its new,... more travel advice
- See All No Other Theater Like It
- See All new arts calendar site
- See All Interstate Closure UPdates
- See All Bowling? Do you?
LauraWest's Related Pages
Saint Louis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Louis Has Many Surprises, for Everyone!"
- "The Symbols of the City"
- ""Meet Me In St. Louis" is Not Just a Song Title"
- "Saint Louis"
- "My Home Town"
- "The Gateway to East Central Missouri"
- "St. Louiis - Gateway to the Wild Wild West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Louis
- Hotels in Saint Louis
- Transportation in Saint Louis
- Nightlife in Saint Louis
- Restaurants in Saint Louis
- Shopping in Saint Louis
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Louis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Louis
- 52 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Saint Louis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Louis
- Posted in Travel Saint Louis Forum "Re: is amtrak station area seedy?..."
- updated a Saint Louis Travel Page "St. Louis Has Many Surprises, for Everyone!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "St. Louis Has Many Surprises, for Everyone!"
- Wrote a Review No Other Theater Like It in Saint Louis Nightlife
- Commented on one of sabogg01's Saint Louis travel pages
Photos in Saint LouisSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Intro, 52 reviews, 45 photos
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Arles Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumberland Island Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kilkenny Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Florence Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oak Park Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos