"St. Louis Has Many Surprises, for Everyone!" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis by LauraWest

Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,139 reviews and 1,983 photos

Introducing St. Louis, USA...

...because you may not thought of visiting us!

Hello!

I've been living in St. Louis since July '97. Yes, ten years & have grown to love it. It is a great American city to visit, too. The main reasons: economical for an American city; many interesting sites, both historic and modern, really great food, all types of music, architecture & museums and other attractions. There is free entertainment many nights of the week and all over the area. Unique restaurants and bars with live music far into the night and live theater and concert venues to entertain you, too.

Most of the museums are free & the world-class (what does this term mean anyway...?) zoo is free, too, and keeps adding new sections. The City Museum has a fee but is the most unusual place you'll ever see! Even if you hate museums, you should visit. Its open until 1 a.m. on Fridays & Saturdays. I have a tip now on this always evolving, impossible to define, people magnet. I enjoy regular visits to their web site, too.

There's so much I could include here about this city & oh, so much has already been written & some by very famous writers...

I am starting separate pages for some of the suburbs of St. Louis, though they are very, very close to the city. I am speaking of Clayton and Webster Groves, so far...

Pedal Boats in Forest Park

• Pros:inexpensive for USA, lots of history, great music & fun
  • Cons:public transport needs improving & we're working on it!
  • In a nutshell:More than Beer & Baseball!
  • Last visit to Saint Louis: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 20, 2008

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Hey Laura - I moved away from St. Louis 20 years ago and still miss so many things about it. Used to live by the Bevo Mill. Enjoyed looking over your info. Is Ted Drewe's still around?

• rmdw's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 10:48 AM

I've been to St. Louis several times, both personally & on business. Several people poo-poo it but I've enjoyed each & every trip immensely!

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Laura, I like your town and I likeyour style of writing and living. Keep in touch :))

• gilescorey's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2007 at 11:41 PM

Always been curious about St. Louis. I hear it lost its edge to Chicago by not innovating it's rail infrastructure. But, that may just be geek talk.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 5:51 PM

Hi there Laura from Athens at almost 4am - your St Louis page really is a tempter (especially the breweries!) - am thinking about another US visit early next year and definitely have to get down south, Cheers, John.

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 10:30 AM

I like to see ST Louis and sit by the missisipi and talk with this grand old river. Enjoying your pages ........

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 6:56 PM

that sounds fun...listening blues or jazz while on the boat!

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 1:43 PM

I am presently travelling in the US. I wish I will have time to stop by St Louis

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Amazing when people are not street smart. They think because they are tourist, people wont brake into their cars. thanks for the nice tips ;-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2006 at 7:54 AM

Fantastic page, tips, pictures and city. I have to visit St. Louis, I see, in April preferrably, I agree! Great picture of Pink Magnolia Blooms!

LauraWest Works Here!

LauraWest

“Every weapon is a boomerang.”

Badges & Stats in Saint Louis

Have you been to Saint Louis?