"UNESCO World Heritage Site" Cahokia Mounds State Park by LauraWest
Cahokia Mounds State Park Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 12 photos
The city of Cahokia covered nearly six square miles and had a population of 10 to 20 thousand. Part of it is now a state historic park.
There is much to see and throughout the year they host special events, from pow wows to lectures. See my tip with a web site address,for more information.
Just outside museum building are new paved walks to view the smaller mounds. You can walk around them easily, but aren't... more travel advice
LauraWest's Related Pages
Cahokia Mounds State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mound Builders of the Plains"
- "UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "Ancient Mounds in...Illinois? Yep."
- "the cahokia mounds"
- "Cahokia Mounds State Park"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cahokia Mounds State Park
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Cahokia Mounds State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cahokia Mounds State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Intro, 52 reviews, 45 photos
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Arles Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumberland Island Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kilkenny Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Florence Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oak Park Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos