"alligators, not all that scarey!" Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge by LauraWest
Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 66 photos
a week ago today, I was in a canoe on the Swanee River, for the first time in my life. The river, not the canoe. My friend and I must have seen, at least, 5 dozen alligators that day, all of us enjoying the sunshine. It was a beautiful day to be alive.
We saw a variety of birds and an otter, too. The otter swam around the roots near the river's edge. So fast, it was hard to get a good photo. If it didn't swim that way, I am sure it would have been an alligator's lunch.
LauraWest's Related Pages
Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quintessential swamp country"
- "Trembling Earth and Pogo the Possum"
- "Basaic Okefenokee NWR Page"
- "alligators, not all that scarey!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge
- Restaurants in Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Intro, 52 reviews, 45 photos
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Arles Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumberland Island Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kilkenny Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Florence Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oak Park Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos