"Take Dart to Howth!" Howth by LauraWest

Howth Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 587 photos

Impulsive Trip to Howth with my new Friend Karolin

We wanted to hike on the coast trail but couldn't figure out where it was! also, we both felt too tired to to a long walk, we decided. It looked like rain was coming ( of course, we WERE in Ireland ) so thought we should find a warm place to sit down, too. we had already walked to the lighthouse along the seawall. Or was it a pier?
We hadn't seen any place on the walk from the Dart station to the pier, so we were determined to explore the town we guessed was up on the hill around the church spire! That was a Short Walk!

Karolin wanted to go inside the church so we did. She found it more interesting than I did. There wasn't much to do in that part of the town, but that's fine with me. I wanted to be in a small town, which it is. Except I counted 4 beauty salons and one barber shop! It wasn't a good day to get my hair done, ha ha.

Luckily, we found the Abbey Tavern, a totally perfect place (except for the costly Cokes). See "things to Do" for my Abbey pix; don't have one of the tavern.
I'm glad we went to Howth!

• Last visit to Howth: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2005

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 9:13 AM

Loved your picture of the scenery. Exploring abbey or castle ruins and old graveyards can be fascinating.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 8:19 AM

Hi Laura! My friend and I did the walk, though the young man in the tourist office obviously thought that we were too old for it, and loved it. It was easy to walk and the scenery was beautiful! Happy birthday from Finland!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 8:07 AM

I like to look around old church yards & see old ruins too

LauraWest

“Every weapon is a boomerang.”

Badges & Stats in Howth