"Relaxing Afternoon Retreat From the Heat" Top 5 Page for this destination Fiesole by LauraWest

Fiesole Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 148 photos

I just spent an afternoon exploring & relaxing in this small town on the hill above Florence. It was not so hot up here, as in crowded Florence. And a scenic local bus ride for only one Euro, each way. I think it was bus #7 & I caught it in front of the train station, but it winds through central Florence, stopping other places, too.
The Roman Amphitheater can be viewed from outside the walls & fences, so you can avoid paying the enry fee if you wish (that's what I did). I also walked next to the long Etruscan stone wall. One of my tips is a photo of the wall.

• Last visit to Fiesole: Jun 2005
  • Intro Written Jul 10, 2005

• AmandaMac's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2006 at 9:16 PM

I truly loved Fiesole and the atmosphere at Etrusca. I am in the picture of your waiter. I thought, how random is that?!?!? I am sure you will recognize the man in my pic from the restaurant. I hope you had a great trip. I know I did!

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2005 at 8:40 AM

Fiesole is such a nice little break from Florence. Michaelangelo used to walk these hillsides. That just blows me away.

LauraWest

“Every weapon is a boomerang.”

Badges & Stats in Fiesole

Have you been to Fiesole?

Latest Activity in Fiesole