"Morlaix Brittany" Morlaix by Redkite
Morlaix Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 77 photos
Morlaix is one of the main towns in north western Brittany and has a spectacular viaduct which crosses over the northside of the town carring road and rail connections. It is a typical Bretton town with two street markets, one mainly for food situated in the town centre and the other sited under the viaduct.
It also has a large marina sited close to the viaduct and is exited to the sea via a tidal river.
Roscoff is situated on the north coast of Brittany about 20 minutes from Morlaix. It is a very attractive fishing port and also a Ferry port fpr Cork in southern Ireland and Pymouth in south west England.
Roscoff is well worth a visit and there are many good restaurants serving very good sea food. Moules and Pomme Frites washed down with a glass of local wine is a popular dish with the Brettons.
The Rocky coastline of Northern Brittany is very majestic.
- Pros:Worth visiting any time of the year.
- Cons:Steer clear of the school holidays
- In a nutshell:Brittany is so refreshingly different from other parts of France
Redkite's Related Pages
Morlaix Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Breton Beer"
- "Morlaix Brittany"
- "Morlaix to Roscoff"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morlaix
- Hotels in Morlaix
- Restaurants in Morlaix
- Shopping in Morlaix
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morlaix
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Morlaix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morlaix
Top 5 Pages
- Verona Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Panama Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morlaix Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue