"St. Ives in the Cornish Riviera" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives by Peterodl

Saint Ives Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 302 photos

I stayed in St. Ives from Thursday March 10 to Sunday March 13, 2005.
It took me 5 1/2 hours to train from Paddington Station London with a 10 min. transfer at St. Erth station.
I had a touch of the "London Crud" and had fits of extreme fatique, nausia and bad headaches but I wasn't going to let a little cold slow me down.
St. Ives is such a different pace from London. I love London but St. Ives is so quiet and the pace is so slow here it just is relaxing and the views are so great you just don't want to leave.

I spent my first night acustoming myself to the town and walking along the harbor area. I was just in time for the sunset.

The second day I spent wandering around town. I went to the Tate St. Ives gallery and saw the movie "Robots" in the town cinema.
I also climbed down to the harbor from Treganna Castle and walked on the exposed sands and among the beached boats.

The 3rd day I golfed at Treganna Castle and prepaired myself for my trip out of town back to London where I had to spend the night sleeping in Stansted Airport to catch a plane to Munich.

• Pros:Cornish Riviera, friendly people, art galore, St. Ives Tate, relaxing
  • In a nutshell:Great little town on the coast that will relax you to the upmost.
  • Last visit to Saint Ives: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2005

Peterodl

“See as much as possible, you can get tired later”

Badges & Stats in Saint Ives

Have you been to Saint Ives?

Latest Activity in Saint Ives