"Minnesotan Abroad" Peterodl's Profile

Ya Bet Cha!

I suppose I should say something about myself.
I'm a 26 yr. old graduate of the University of Wisconsin River Falls with a BS-Liberal Arts degree in Art and German.

Traveling

Since I was little, my family went abroad the country to see the sights in the traditional family summer vacation.
We visited Yellowstone, Seatle, British Columbia, Sanibel Island, San Diego, LA, Hollywood, Hawaii and New York City to name a few places.
In 1996 I took my first trip overseas to Germany to meet some long lost cousins in Gorlitz, Germany, find my Lutheran roots (I'm 1/2 catholic, 1/2 lutheran) in Wittenburg and to visit Berlin.
In 1999, I went back to Germany, this time to the south with a 3 week travel/home stay from my high school where we also traveled into Switzerland, Leichtenstein and Austria.
In 2001, I went to England and Germany with my family.
In 2003, I went back to England.
In Jan.-May of 2005 with the International Traveling Classroom from the University of Wisconsin River Falls, I went to France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Leichtenstein, Switzerland and Italy.
In Sept. 2006, I went back to Paris, France with my brother
In October 2007, I went to Vienna, Austria with my brother. I stayed for a couple weeks and traveled to Graz, Hallstatt, Obertraun, Werfen, Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Bregenz, Innsbruck, Freidrichshafen, Lindau, Saint Johann in Tirol and Kitzbuhel.
In May 2008, I traveled to Hong Kong with my brother. It was one of the most fun trips I've taken.
In August 2008, I went to New York City. My third time in the city and my brothers' first.
In December 2008, I traveled to Philidelphia. My first time there to see the Army-Navy football game (Navy won 34-0).
In May and June 2009, I traveled to Munich and stayed in Salzburg in order to finally see the ice caves above Werfen, Austria and to see the Eagles Nest above Berchtesgaden. I then flew to London and traveled around the UK, stopping in Cambridge, York, Edinburgh, Inverness, Windermere, Cardiff, Penzance and back to London where I flew back to Munich.

I have been extremly luckly to have had the luxury to have seen so much of the world in such a small amount of time. The life experiences and memories I've accumulated will stay with me forever.

• Intro Updated Jan 21, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Peterodl's Profile Photo

Peterodl

“See as much as possible, you can get tired later”

Location