"Minnesotan Abroad" Peterodl's Profile
I suppose I should say something about myself.
I'm a 26 yr. old graduate of the University of Wisconsin River Falls with a BS-Liberal Arts degree in Art and German.
Since I was little, my family went abroad the country to see the sights in the traditional family summer vacation.
We visited Yellowstone, Seatle, British Columbia, Sanibel Island, San Diego, LA, Hollywood, Hawaii and New York City to name a few places.
In 1996 I took my first trip overseas to Germany to meet some long lost cousins in Gorlitz, Germany, find my Lutheran roots (I'm 1/2 catholic, 1/2 lutheran) in Wittenburg and to visit Berlin.
In 1999, I went back to Germany, this time to the south with a 3 week travel/home stay from my high school where we also traveled into Switzerland, Leichtenstein and Austria.
In 2001, I went to England and Germany with my family.
In 2003, I went back to England.
In Jan.-May of 2005 with the International Traveling Classroom from the University of Wisconsin River Falls, I went to France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Leichtenstein, Switzerland and Italy.
In Sept. 2006, I went back to Paris, France with my brother
In October 2007, I went to Vienna, Austria with my brother. I stayed for a couple weeks and traveled to Graz, Hallstatt, Obertraun, Werfen, Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Bregenz, Innsbruck, Freidrichshafen, Lindau, Saint Johann in Tirol and Kitzbuhel.
In May 2008, I traveled to Hong Kong with my brother. It was one of the most fun trips I've taken.
In August 2008, I went to New York City. My third time in the city and my brothers' first.
In December 2008, I traveled to Philidelphia. My first time there to see the Army-Navy football game (Navy won 34-0).
In May and June 2009, I traveled to Munich and stayed in Salzburg in order to finally see the ice caves above Werfen, Austria and to see the Eagles Nest above Berchtesgaden. I then flew to London and traveled around the UK, stopping in Cambridge, York, Edinburgh, Inverness, Windermere, Cardiff, Penzance and back to London where I flew back to Munich.
I have been extremly luckly to have had the luxury to have seen so much of the world in such a small amount of time. The life experiences and memories I've accumulated will stay with me forever.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- El Salvador
- Antigua Island Hotels
- Marina di Pietrasanta Hotels
- Samarskaya Oblast'
- Prince George Hotels
- Valmeinier Hotels
- Isle of Skye
- Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Île de Ré
- Shiga-ken Hotels
- San Andrés
- Ormoc City Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 229 Reviews
- 691 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Peterodl and missmarianne are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Great Location in the center of... in Wales Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Big Small City"
- created a Wales Travel Page "Big Small City"
updated their Profile Page "Minnesotan Abroad"
- Uploaded a Video to Innsbruck
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Forum "Re: Buying Jade Necklace"
- Commented on missmarianne's profile page
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 66 photos
- Berchtesgaden Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos
- Munich Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Ulm Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos