"New Home" Kalulushi by chrissyms

Kalulushi Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 0 photos

Arrival

I arrived in Kalalushi on 2/3/77 with my wife Linda and Karen and Graeme our two children. I was starting a 2 year contract working in the copper mines for Roan Consolidated Copper Mines. It was the first time we had left the UK and we were all looking forward to our adventure in Africa. The sounds,smells, food and people were all exciting and new. We all took pleasure in learning from our exotic surroundings.

• Last visit to Kalulushi: Mar 1977
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2007

• Dec 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Nice to hear from a fellow Kalulushian of the same time we lived there....(my dad worked in the mines as a engineering draftsman at the time I think from 76 through to 78/79...his name Ayub Sotta.....I remember going to the swimming baths and the bowling club with my dad..he also was a volunteer for the Fire Brigade,we lived on Mumbwa Cresent just having the Golf club and grounds behind us and I aslo remember going to the primary school passing the golf club .When we finished thn we (my brother and I went onto the Chibuluma Trust school on the other side then passing the bowling club,after Kalulushi my dad started his contract with the Nkana mines in Kitwe.....oh how I miss those days and Zambia :(

chrissyms Used To Live Here!

chrissyms

“Strength and Honour”

Badges & Stats in Kalulushi

Have you been to Kalulushi?

Latest Activity in Kalulushi