"Neenah – Lake Winnebago never looked better" Neenah by alvi21
Neenah Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 19 photos
The lakefront at Lake Winnebago is probably the most beautiful place in Neenah, and in the Fox Cities. I love coming down to the lakefront on a warm summer's day to enjoy the breeze and the tranquility of nature.
The Venetian parade and fireworks at the annual 4th of July celebrations is also a popular event. Remember to arrive early to save yourself a good spot along the shore. A smart thing to do, if you are up to it, is to ride your bicycle to the event as parking is extremely limited, not to mention the traffic jam that takes place as soon as the event is over.
Situated on the lakefront of Lake Winnebago, the Bergstrom-Mahler Museum houses one of the world's largest collection of glass paperweights. In addition to glass paperweights, other items in the Museum's collections include Germanic glassware, Victorian glassware, and contemporary glassware. Changing exhibits are also featured on an on-going basis.
Admission to the Museum is free.
Originally an old abandoned railway trestle, the Trestle Trail Friendship Bridge was converted into a path for pedestrians and cyclists, connecting the City of Menasha with the Town of Menasha (part of which is Neenah). The 0.8-mile Trestle Trail, which spans Little Lake Butte des Morts, is a popular recreational destination where people go to stroll, jog, cycle, fish, or simply to enjoy being outdoors, especially on a sunny summer's day.
- Pros:Beautiful Lake Winnebago. Great restaurants, specifically Bao Ju (Chinese) and Cy's Asian Bistro (Thai).
- Cons:Tiny downtown area. Quaint sleepy town.
- In a nutshell:With scenic Lake Winnebago, who needs the sea?
Situated on the lakefront of Lake Winnebago, the Bergstrom-Mahler Museum houses one of the world's largest collection of... more travel advice
alvi21's Related Pages
Neenah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neenah – Lake Winnebago never looked better"
- "My REAL Hometown!!!"
- "Wisconsin Winter in Neenah"
- "Neenah / Menasha"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Neenah
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Neenah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neenah
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Appleton Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Buffalo Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Neenah Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Milwaukee Intro, 3 photos
- Humboldt Redwoods State Park Intro, 3 photos
- Lava Beds National Monument Intro, 3 photos
Latest Neenah hotel reviews
- Days Inn Fox Cities
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013