"Humboldt Redwoods - Walking among giants" Humboldt Redwoods State Park by alvi21
Humboldt Redwoods State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
A major advantage of Giant Redwoods: They are resistant to fire and insects. This Giant Redwood on the grounds of Founders Grove Nature Trail in Humboldt Redwoods State Park is an old growth tree that has been through many fires, a natural occurrence throughout the centuries. Even though it appears to be heavily fire damaged, it continues to live.
On the other hand, Giant Redwoods have a major disadvantage: For such tall trees, they have relatively shallow roots of no deeper than 10 feet / 3 meters. I look tiny standing next to the roots of a fallen Giant Redwood on the grounds of Founders Grove Nature Trail, the last Redwoods attraction we visited along the "Avenue of the Giants" (Hwy 101).
- In a nutshell:A truly humbling experience.
alvi21's Related Pages
Humboldt Redwoods State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Big Trees? R U Kiddin Me??"
- "The Humboldt Redwood State Park"
- "Humboldt Redwoods State Park"
- "Humboldt Redwoods - Walking among giants"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Humboldt Redwoods State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Humboldt Redwoods State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Humboldt Redwoods State Park
Photos in Humboldt Redwoods State ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Appleton Intro, 13 reviews, 5 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Neenah Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Buffalo Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milwaukee Intro, 3 photos
- Lava Beds National Monument Intro, 3 photos
- Humboldt Redwoods State Park Intro, 3 photos