"Right in the middle." Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht by planxty
Utrecht Travel Guide: 636 reviews and 1,553 photos
I have been to Holland / the Netherlands (I'm never sure which is correct) on a number of occasions, and have visited a number of towns and cities. Surprisingly, though, I had only ever passed through Utrecht on a train before.
I visited recently in order to go to some gigs and was really impressed with the place. It is a very beautiful city with plenty to do and see and a host of good restaurants and bars to refresh yourself in. As elsewhere in Holland, I found the people to be friendly and welcoming and, certainly amongst younger people, excellent English speakers.
Lying in the centre of the country, it is a mere 50 minutes from Schipol airport, with excellent rail connections. I would certainly recommend it as a base from which to explore Holland.
- Pros:Nice architecture and friendly people.
- Cons:Can be cold in winter. Homicidal cyclists!
This isn't a reataurant per se, but it is a very good takeaway. The most unobservant visitor to Holland cannot fail to... more travel advice
A really interesting thing to do is to take a walk through the Museumkwartier. Cobbled streets and beautifully... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Utrecht Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Utrecht - superb city to live in and/or to explore"
- "ULTRAJECTUM (as the Romans called it)"
- "As It Turned Out - Well Worth A Visit AND Now Two!"
- "Right in the middle."
- "Back in town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Utrecht
- Hotels in Utrecht
- Transportation in Utrecht
- Nightlife in Utrecht
- Restaurants in Utrecht
- Shopping in Utrecht
- Warnings and Dangers in Utrecht
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Utrecht
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (201)
Have you been to Utrecht?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Utrecht
Photos in UtrechtSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 231 reviews, 867 photos, 47 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 35 reviews, 177 photos, 6 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 45 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos