"Definitely geared for tourists." Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Julian's by planxty

Saint Julian's Travel Guide: 227 reviews and 324 photos

I'm glad I went off-season.

Saitn Julian, known locally as San Giljan but pronounced much the same, is a community lying Located on St. Julian's and Balluta bays a couple of miles North of central Valleta it seems to me to be completely tourist orientated. When I say it is a couple of miles from Valletta, that is as the crow flies. The many inlets on the Maltese cost and the sometimes heavy traffic can make it a bit of a journey.

I don't actually know how the place eveloved, I am guessing it was a fishing community once although little evidence of that exists now. This is party central for Malta, specifically the area known as Paceville where it appears loud music seems to pump out of bars constantly even in winter. I have no idea what it must be like in high season. In an indication of how geared to nightlife it is, there are nightbuses coming from places like Rabat and not even going to Valletta the capital. These only run at the weekend and are obviously designed for clubbers.

However, like anywhere else, I did manage to find a few less lively places that I liked and I used to spend quite a bit of time here even though I was staying at nearby Sliema. Apart from the nightlife and many restaurants and bars, there does not be a lot to do here and had the atmosphere of any off-season tourist place but it is pleasant enough and not completely manic off-season which suited me.

• Pros:Decent restaurants and bars.
  • Cons:Gets too manic in high season
  • In a nutshell:If you want to party then go, if not try somewhere else.
  • Last visit to Saint Julian's: Mar 2013
  • Intro Updated Mar 26, 2013

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Fergy, great start on your Malta pages. I am looking forward to seeing more.

planxty

“Where's the bar?”

Badges & Stats in Saint Julian's

Have you been to Saint Julian's?

Latest Activity in Saint Julian's