"Definitely geared for tourists." Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Julian's by planxty
Saint Julian's Travel Guide: 228 reviews and 329 photos
Saitn Julian, known locally as San Giljan but pronounced much the same, is a community lying Located on St. Julian's and Balluta bays a couple of miles North of central Valleta it seems to me to be completely tourist orientated. When I say it is a couple of miles from Valletta, that is as the crow flies. The many inlets on the Maltese cost and the sometimes heavy traffic can make it a bit of a journey.
I don't actually know how the place eveloved, I am guessing it was a fishing community once although little evidence of that exists now. This is party central for Malta, specifically the area known as Paceville where it appears loud music seems to pump out of bars constantly even in winter. I have no idea what it must be like in high season. In an indication of how geared to nightlife it is, there are nightbuses coming from places like Rabat and not even going to Valletta the capital. These only run at the weekend and are obviously designed for clubbers.
However, like anywhere else, I did manage to find a few less lively places that I liked and I used to spend quite a bit of time here even though I was staying at nearby Sliema. Apart from the nightlife and many restaurants and bars, there does not be a lot to do here and had the atmosphere of any off-season tourist place but it is pleasant enough and not completely manic off-season which suited me.
- Pros:Decent restaurants and bars.
- Cons:Gets too manic in high season
- In a nutshell:If you want to party then go, if not try somewhere else.
OK, this is certainly not the most exciting tip I will ever write on VT but it is designed to give some practical advice... more travel advice
It is difficult, as so often on VT, to properly define this place. It is a great little bar that only opens at night, at... more travel advice
planxty's Related Pages
Saint Julian's Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St.Julians (in Maltese San Giljan) - My Village !"
- "Saint Julian's"
- "St Julians"
- "My holiday in Saint Julian's"
- "Definitely geared for tourists."
- "Welcome to St. Julian's"
- "St Julian's, Malta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Julian's
- Hotels in Saint Julian's
- Transportation in Saint Julian's
- Nightlife in Saint Julian's
- Restaurants in Saint Julian's
- Shopping in Saint Julian's
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Julian's
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Julian's
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (203)
Have you been to Saint Julian's?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Julian's
Photos in Saint Julian'sSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 233 reviews, 897 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 35 reviews, 177 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 51 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos